Originally Posted by Andrew21
I'm new to the forum and have a couple questions - if anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.
1. I am taking the generic brand of accutane (Claravis) does it matter?
2. I'm on day two and havent really seen a change. How fast before you have the initial break outs? Do they always happen or only to some? Are the prone to areas you have had acne or do you break out all over the place (new places?)? FYI: I have acne, but it's never been really bad on my face. Mainly i have cystic acne on my chest (not sure if that's good or bad).
3. My lips were chapped the day after i started it and i have had small short pain episodes on various ares of my body. Is this normal?
4. Is it horribly bad to use products containing benzoyl? if i do get any breakouts (it's worked for me when i have new pimples).
5. What's the aftermath of Accutane (long team)? Do most people have to take it again? Or how long to the results last?
I don't think the generic matters, for the first month I took the generic then for the next 3 monthes I took Accutane and I have one more month to go and i'm going to take the generic because i'm cheap and I don't want to spend $25 on a co-pay.
I'd give a good month to see some sort of results, personally speaking I never had an initial breakout. NOT everyone gets an initial break out. Accutane just brings up the acne to the surface quicker then usual, the acne was already there deep down. Anyhoo my face started to clear up right away.
I think where your saying you have small short pain episodes it is all in your head. Only a couple of days after Accutane won't make you feel like that yet. Give two weeks to a month and you might experience lower back pain, headaches and blah blah....doesn't happen to EVERYONE though.
It isn't horrible to use benzoyl if your skin doesn't mind it. Everyone has different skin. Personally I can't use it because it will break me out even worse.
Not everyone has to take Accutane again. In fact a huge majority of people don't. I have never met anyone who has, its all been a one time thing. I don't think i'll have to take it ever again *knocks on wood*
The results should be permanent////