It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User
Accutane back pain??

Hello all!
Just a quick question, anybody experience back pain on accutane?
I've just started 3rd day today no side effects yet but i am worried about the back pain i might get, i'm very active and play lots of sports so i guess my question is.. is there anything i can do to combat the back pain???

Any help would b greatly appreciated!!!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: Accutane back pain??

tylenol, extra strength. i also use exedrine migraine, but that has caffeine, so don't take it at night. good luck w/the tane. i have exactly one pimple, and that's almost gone now, the stuff works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User

Thanx aroc!!

Old 05-23-2005, 07:01 AM   #4
(female)

lemmon003 HB User

hey i had horribly back pains. I used to run all the time, and i had to stop that. And i was alright when i was up moving around, but when i tried to lay down flat, it was excrutianting pain! I got a prescription from the doc for Ultram. Its a pain reliever much much better than ibuprofin or tylenol. And it doesnt make you loopy like other RX pain killers. But others have been surprised that they actually prescribed a pain killer just for that. But if it does occur you might check into it But thankyfully after about the 2nd month all of my muscle aches went away

Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

oooh, ultram! yeah, that's the good stuff. if you can get some of that, do. kicks butt all over everything else, and like lemmon said, it doesn't make you tired, wired or stupid. (i used to take it for the throw out yer back kinda back pain)

Old 05-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #6
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

wow this is reasuring. Im on my last (5th) month of accutane. I started getting lower back pain the past 2 months or so. I play basketball and do aerobics and I found my hips would hurt too. I went into it worrying about this because my upper back hurts me alot cause its kinda curved. Suprisingly it hasnt really made that worse just added some lower back pain. It hurt when I lay flat on my back on the floor or a firm surface but not my bed. it makes me feel kinda old when I get up. hope it goes away!! my doc told me to just take advil or something

Last edited by LkK2507; 05-24-2005 at 12:20 PM.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

*lol* yeah, i walk like and old lady sometimes too! esp if i've been sitting for awhile, like if i've been watching t.v. (desperate housewives, i cannot tear myself away!!), i'll get up and be all hunched over and slow. but it's s'posed to go away after stopping the treatment. you're lucky lkk, i'm on month 6, heading into month 7 (!!!) and still have at least another month to go! aah! i hope it's working for you though, it sure is for me, just took a long time.

Closed Thread