It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Angry why the jaw?!

does anyone have any idea, theory or actual knowledge as to why cysts so love the jawline? what is going on here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User
Re: why the jaw?!

Do you think its due to your glands being in your neck and they secrete the hormones at that point, so they deposit themselves at the jaw? This is such a huge guess I just pulled out of my arse by the way,but could be when you think about it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

i think that it has something to do with the glands too, but have no clue as to whether that could be true. but i have noticed that everyone who gets cysts seems to get them worst on their jaw. i know that when i get cysts, or even pimples south of my nose, i get little lumps in my neck too. if they're located more central, like near my mouth, then i'll get a little lump under my chin. the lumps always precede the pimple or cyst, and leaves right after. weird, huh? you get anything like that?

Old 05-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

i'm probably showing my ignorance here, but isn't the pituitary gland at the base of the brain at the back of the neck? if the cysts are hormonal, that could have something to do w/it?

Old 05-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
(female)

jamilcp HB User

i never got jawline breakouts until i stopped taking birth control and now my jawline is covered! i really believe that the jawline is somehow related with hormones amd hormonal breakouts

Old 05-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

dido that ali I think your right on the gland thing I am going to try to look up some information on it..I will let you know what I find out!

update is offical I can't find squat to back our theory up. I will ask my derm on the 5th about this if no one has an answer before that!

Last edited by deltoro; 05-20-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #7
(female)

pink-pajamas HB User

Face mapping theories claim that the jawline and area around the mouth breakout due to hormonal changes and stress.. This proves true for me at times.

Old 05-21-2005, 09:48 AM   #8

Sameesh HB User

anyone have any idea about why the nose? the only two cysts ive ever gotten have been right on the center of my nose, so damn embarassing. I got one cyst about a year ago, and then another like 5 months ago, and I can still see the spot they both left, about 1mm away from each other..

Old 05-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

i've heard that hormones cause breakouts in certain place, like around the mouth and jaw, but why? WHY?! i don't understand the nose thing either sameesh, but i've always found that it's the inside of the nose pimple that really causes me pain. now, how do ya get a zit inside yer nose? it's a mystery...

Old 05-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #10
Inactive

lindanm HB User

I don't know why, but I used to get cysts all over my jawline, neck, hairline, and temples until I discovered that oranges and OJ caused them. I haven't touched oranges in years. I still usually have at least one either coming or going on my neck and back which might be caused by other acidic things I still eat like lemon in my tea or water, strawberries, etc.

Closed Thread