It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User
accutane + alcohol??

whilst on accutane is it safe to drink any alcohol atall? will 1 or 2 beers really hurt? anybody have any info or experiences on this?

many thanx!

Old 05-21-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
(male)

bigave110386 HB User
Lightbulb Re: accutane + alcohol??

hey man

i plead with you when i say this, dont drink the alcohol when you are on accutane. it can effect different people in very different ways. i know one guy that when he was on the pills got really ill and hungover from it but even worse, when i was on it, the first time i got drunk was probably about a month or two into the course, my acne was clearing up, but after that night, it was as if i had never been put on it and it put my progress back big time.

all in all i was on the accutane for 7 months, i have been off it for a month now and although i still have some red marks i have no live spots. i have definately noticed that alchohol does contribute to the acne and stops the accutane working, i mean when i just came off the accutane, every nite that i would go out and get lashed i would have a few spots come up up on my back, it only seemed to be when i got drunk though. fortunately now, i have had like one little one in weeks and even when i get lashed it is ok

all i would say mate is just hang on in there, the way i used to think about it was i hated being on those pills and not being able to drink, but every time you do drink you are just making your stay on them even longer

ive been there mate, i know how you feel, just hang on in there and i really believe it will definately be worth it in the end, i promise you that

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User
Re: accutane + alcohol??

I agree, its just not worth it. You just need not to drink while on accutane it hurts your treatment and most of all your liver which is already maxed out from the accutane. I am sorry but it is just stupid to drink on accutane. Please don't I think the previous poster said it best, its not worth it.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:23 AM   #4
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User

Thanx guys i appreciate the advice, it will be tuff to stay off the beer but like u sed i am sure its worth it!!!

Old 05-23-2005, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

lemmon003 HB User

Hey Im a 20 female college student and I love to go out and party, however I am also on accutane. I drink occasionally, but I try not to do it all the time. I know its bad for me, but sometimes its hard to resist. I have been in accutane for almost 5 months, and they are probably gonna keep me on it longer cuz my face isnt completely clear and I am also on a low dose because it made my cholestorol go up. But from reading bigave11086's response, maybe my face isnt cleared up because i still drink. I think after reading that I might try to hold off for a bit and see if my face gets better. Good luck to you hun

Old 05-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hey mad, i had a few cocktails a coupla months ago, had a great time all night w/ my girls, and woke up to the absolute worst hangover in my entire life. seriously, and i'm no college kid, but a party veteran and advocate. i absolutely love to hang out and have a great time with friends as often as possible, but that was the worst. i could barely drag my butt to the bath tub and back again. now i have a one-drink-per-month maximum. kinda sucks, but whatever. you don't want to damage yer liver and kidneys and make your own life a super hell the day after just for a few beers. yer only on the tane for a few months, you can last that long! good luck!

Closed Thread