It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

Tygrysek HB User
Stubborn Blackheads!

I have thousands and thousands of blackheads all over my nose, but especially all over my chin and around my mouth. Does anyone know what is causing these blackheads? How can I get rid of them, cuz nothing seems to work! I cant even squeeze them out, ah its so frustrating. Help?

Old 05-21-2005, 11:53 AM   #2

sadend HB User
Re: Stubborn Blackheads!

First you should not sqeez on your own you need to get to a derm and get a script for Diffren or Retin A micro or even azelex something that will stop the black heads from forming. Also you might want to look in to gettting acne surgery or a medi facial were a trained estheticain willl extract the black heads. Please dont touch your face my mother had lots or blackheads when she was a teen and my grandma messed with tehm and she developed full blown acne cause the bactiria got pushed far under the skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 06:27 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User

i know how u feel!
try st ives apricot scrub!!! it should work

Old 05-24-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User

oh yea, i've tried St Ives apicot scrub and it does take all the blackheads away, i'm not using it now, i'm using another product, to be honest i'm quite obsessed with products, if there is a new product out, i buy it, but the one i'm using right now, makes my skin smooth and soft, but it doesn't take all the blackheads away...when i've finished with this product, i'll buy St Ives again...

Tygrysek ~ bacteria causes blackheads, toughing your face after you have been toughing something else without washing your hands first, causes them too..also i think sleeping with your make up still on causes them, and wearing to much make up to cover them up, if you do use make up don't pile lots of concealer and/or foundation onto the blackheads, cos that just causes them to get blocked even more, just put a light layer of concealer/foundation over, just so that they are invisable a little...i get lots of blackheads round my nose and chin so i know how you feel, and its annoying cos no matter how much a scrub round my nose, some of them still won't budge! and PLEASE DO NOT PICK THEM, i try not too, i can't pick them anyway, but if you pick them they'll leave scars...

Old 05-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

aah! don't squeeze them! a scrub should do the trick, and a mild aha, bha, or sa lotion should help to keep them away. blackheads are caused by oxidized oil in your pores, not dirt or bacteria, just oil and air. you need to slough them a bit so that the acids can get in there and dissolve the oil. but please, be gentle! and make sure you wash morn and eve. hope this helps! best, ali

Closed Thread