It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #1

nm80 HB User
Sweating?

Hi I have a question about sweating and working up while using topical acne medicine? I use azelex (in the morning) and I often work out a couple hours later and sweat a ton. Is this not good? Does it mess up the medicine bc the sweat washes away the medicine or if it's a couple hourse after you put it on, is it okay?

Also is sweating in general cause acne? I play sports in college and I workout every day sweating a lot..does it cause acne? And even if I shower 1 hour later?

Thank you in advice I would REALLY appreciate advice, especially on the first question because I am trying to get rid of my redmarks and I want to know if the azelex will get screwed up with the working out..thanks you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #2

sadend HB User
Re: Sweating?

Hi i also u se azelex if you swaet immediatly wash your face with mild cleander and reapply the azelex and yes swaet clogs your pores so wash your face after sports

Last edited by sadend; 05-21-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #3

nm80 HB User

So if I put it on at like 10 am and i work out at like 3 or 4ish i should reapply it? How about if its at night? My doc told me to use it once a day but i think thats because i am using differin at night so i dontthink yuo can use azelelx AND differin before going to bed....I wonder if putting it on in the morning then afternnon/dinner time would work?

Old 05-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #4

sadend HB User

Yes you can probably put it on at 3 or 4 and then still use the diffren at night
I use the azelex one in the morning once after workingout and then use benzamycin at night.Azelex is mild your face wont peel off.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:09 PM   #5

nm80 HB User

Thanks for the info...So what's the latest I should put on the azelex BEFORE i put on my differin for the night..like how many hours before. And one more question - what about tanning and the sun with Azelex? I will be in the sun a lot and before i started taking azelex i have a pretty good base tan and i dont burn easily..what affects does sun and tanning have with azelex?

Old 05-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #6

sadend HB User

Hey ,
I would say about 4 hours minimum so you dont get irratated by the diffren,
I also used diffren in the past .And many other meds and topicals too so if you have any questions feel free. Yes you can tan with azelex its fine doesnt make you photosensitive.I am in the sun alot and its fine.Acutally derms prescribe this alot to patiens who live in warmer sunny climates.

Old 05-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #7

nm80 HB User

Thank you so much for the info!

Old 05-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #8
(male)

lesarin HB User

how does sweating clog pores? for one sweat comes out of a sweat duct. It comes to the surface onto the skin. Please show me a link or explain how sweat clogs pores. its almost like saying water clogs pores.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:11 PM   #9

sadend HB User

Can you explain why most athletes have backne?
the reasons i can think of are
1. sweat has sodium in it and sodium cause brakeout
2.Moisture breeds bactiria and that in turn causes acne

Old 05-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
(male)

lesarin HB User

body acne cause has alot to do with your clothes you wear. combine sweat, clothes, and friction ( irratation on the skin) that will produce acne.

depending on what types of athlethes your talking about. lol. anabolic steriods are well known for causing body acne.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:16 PM   #11
(female)

bimbotica HB User

hold on a min....sodium causes acne??? oh dear recently i've been trying the sea salt remedy...by rubbing a salt water mixture onto my face...doea that worsen the break out???

Closed Thread