It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 02:21 AM   #1
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User
accutane face wash????

soo heres another question for u guys (i'm an accutane newbie)
Should i be washing my face with something that removes the dead skin by that i mean all the dry flakiness that i'm gettin? most scrubs seem to agitate my acne causin it flare up, is there anythin else i could use?????

thanx in advance!! I appreciate the quickness in responses that i have been gettin!!!

Old 05-22-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User
Re: accutane face wash????

Did you derm talk to you at all when he gave you accutane? did he just write you a precription and push you out the door? Or is this just wanting to double check and do the very best thing? I am hoping the latter, if not you really need to do some research before you get too far into your treatment so you will know what to expect. You should not be using any exfoliant, you doc should have told you this, just a very gentle cleanser. At first you skin won't be very sensitive it took about a month for mine to be really fragile from the meds, so just be carefull and don't do anything that will set you back. Most derms tell you to to use cetaphil face wash, I am not a big fan it doesn't get all my makeup off, but you probably don't wear makeup so you should be good to go. Bottom line, you should be doing nothing but washing your face with cetaphil or another gentle cleanser while on accutane. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

yeah, i'd stay away from the scrubby stuff, you could get more than you bargained for. put aquaphor on the flaky spots at night, that'll help. i use johnson and johnson's purpose cleanser. very gentle, very effective, even removes makeup. i'm not a fan of the cetaphile either, btw. and i use topical cleocinT lotion day and night too, after cleansing, before anything else, like sunscreen, makeup, zit cream, etc. good luck w/ the tane. it's worked for me!

Old 05-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #4

sadend HB User

If you are willing to spend like 65 dollars La Mer makes a great gentle cleansing gel I have used evreything under the sun this is the only thing that doesnt irratate me.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User

thanx guys!!!! i'll c wot i can find at the store!!!

Closed Thread