It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

aversar03 HB User
Wink When can you see improvement w/ Birth control

I have been on ortho tri-cyclen for 1 month and it seems as if it is making my skin allot worse than it was, I had minor breakouts before I'm wondering if I should continue next month or just stop all together. I am wondering what others have experienced and if there is any avice you could give me! Thanks Sarah

Old 05-23-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: When can you see improvement w/ Birth control

I was on the Pill (Ortho-Tri - same as you) for 13 years before stopping last May to try and get pregnant (I'm now due this July) - when I stopped taking the Pill, I was amazed at how quickly my skin started breaking out again...it felt like I was back in high school (ugh). So I'd say give it another few months...I noticed the biggest difference in my chest/back breakouts - thought those were all behind me, but evidently it was my little blue Pill taking care of it! I actually can't wait to get back on it, just so my skin will clear up...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I used to be on Alesse and I got off of it for a summer because of the weight gain but that is where my battle with acne began. So I got back on Allesse but it didn't work as well as it used to so now I am on Yasmin I have been on it for about a month and two weeks. So far not great results but I think I am having my initial outbreak from the Differin and Doxy. I have done alot of research on these boards and women say to give the birth control a good 4 or 5 months to notice improvement. Some say after about 6 months they are completley clear! So I am gonna stick it out and you should too. Good Luck!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

You should see improvements by the third month. I think that's pretty typical for Ortho Trycyclen.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

My dermo says to give it 5 months. But if a pill is making me break out, I don't stick with it longer than 2

Old 05-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
(female)

aversar03 HB User

Thanks for the feedback. I'll defenitely stay on the pill and hopefully things will get better. Thanks so much!

Old 05-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

yea I just started Ortho-tri-cyclen low and I have little pimples on my forehead and a little near my nose..Its my 9th day and I dont know if this is causing them. I really dont want to wait 5 or 6 months to see results, because my skin wasnt bad with pimples to begin with. Just oil and reddish cheeks. I dont know how to get them to really go away and have my skin be smooth again on my t-zone. Oh its so frustrating!!!!!! Someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
(female)

star59 HB User

I have been on Yasmin for 4 months, and while I saw an improvement the 2nd month, I'm now fairly broken out again. I'm going to stick it out, because after 20 years and every treatment option under the sun, I have run out of "plan B's" ! I'm hoping 6 months will do it. This is my first time posting, after getting many tips and great support from this board....

Closed Thread