It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 07:15 AM   #1

carole820 HB User
Nature's Cure Papaya Kit

Has anyone tried this? I searched the board but couldn't find any threads. I picked it up yesterday and, so far, am not very impressed. I want to see if I should give it a chance or just chuck it.

Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User
Re: Nature's Cure Papaya Kit

I've never even heard of it. I use Nature's Cure cream and take the pills and it works great, but I have yet to see this papaya stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 07:56 AM   #3

carole820 HB User

I think it's fairly new. It's a three part kit (cleanser, toner, moisturizer). There are two formulas, one for men that is bp based, and one for women that is sa based and has a papaya enzyme. There was a lot of buzz about it on another acne board, so I thought I'd give it a try. After two uses (one last night and one this morning) this is what I think so far:

All three products have this sickening-sweet fruity smell. I don't like a lot of fragarence on my face, and this is pretty over-the-top. I think they're really trying to push the papaya thing.

The products, used together, leave a sort of sticky / shiney film on your face. When I woke up this morning, the stuff from last night had soaked in and my skin actually felt pretty nice. I used it again this morning, though, and put my makeup on top. I feel like it didn't go on as smoothly as it usually does, and my skin still has sort of a sticky feel.

Any one else heard of / tried this?

Old 05-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hi carole. i'd give it a go for a coupla weeks before tossing it. papaya is a natural enzyme exfoliant, and sa is more gentle to the skin than bp. if it messing up your makeup i'd either give it 10minutes to soak in before you apply, or skip it for day and only use it at night. as long as the fragrance isn't irritating your skin you might try and tolerate it awhile longer, til you figure whether it's going to give you a good result or not. i'm with you on smells, they're very, very important to me, but i'd smear poop smell on my face if it made my skin look good! *lol*

Closed Thread