It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
(male)

mikegoons HB User
Popping zits on accutane?

I have a problem with poppin zits especially since i have just started going through my initital break out. Anyone have any thoughts on poppin them while on accutane ? Im on day 6 , is this really bad to be doing, or do they clear up quicker this way ?

Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
(male)

mikegoons HB User
Re: Popping zits on accutane?

anyone got any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hey mike. i know it's almost irresistable, but you really shouldn't be popping zits or picking at your face at all, esp while on the tane. your skin is going to start getting really delicate and take longer to heal up from that type of activity. that said, i will confess to having done so a time or two (or 20!) myself, and i regretted it almost every time. your better off putting a teeensy dab of some zit cream on them at night, or better yet, ask yer derm about a good topical. i use cleosinT, other people have used retin-a micro or topical eurythromycin. now hands off! ali

Old 05-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
(male)

mikegoons HB User

Thanks Im gonna try my hardest , what is cleosinT a spot treatment prescription??

Old 05-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

cleosinT is the brand name for the drug, clindamycin phosphate, an allover topical antibiotic. it's very gentle, unlike some of the retinoids (retin-a, micro, differin), which i can't handle. they make me itch something fierce.

i know how hard it is to leave those big honkers alone, and sometimes the smaller ones are even harder, cuz they just beg for it, but it really is better to just leave them be. don't expect perfection right away, and if you really can't resist, make sure to warm them first, then disinfect and use a cold compress or an ice cube or something right after, to quell some of the swelling. good luck mike!

Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
(male)

mikegoons HB User

hey a rock did u use this clyndamicin while u were on accutane or since u have been off?

Old 05-24-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

i'm still on accutane, but have used cleosin (on and off, i tried to go otc for a coupla years) for about ten years now. since i've been on the tane, and since i have such a long course of treatment, it's been invaluable to me. i love the stuff, seriously. it's the first thing i put on my face in the morning, after cleansing, before moisturizer, sunscreen, makeup, zit cream, etc. but get the generic, unless you have a really good drug plan, cuz the brand is about 3x the cost.

Closed Thread