It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
(female)

anila HB User
question about differin gel and klaron lotion

I have been using differin gel for 3 nights now. I'm getting the initial beakout. I also use klaron lotion after applying the differin. I noticed after I apply klaron, I break out with little bumps on my forhead and it also makes existing acne look way worse. Is it bad to put klaron lotion over differin? did anyone else have this kind of reaction? Also, how do you know if it's an intitial breakou cause by differin or if it's your skin not liking the differin?

do I realy need another topical besides differin to control acne or can I use the differin alone?

Old 05-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
Re: question about differin gel and klaron lotion

Well my derm. prescribes me differin and Klaron. The Klaron in the morning and the Differin at night w/ the Klaron over it. Then maybe a moisturizer if I am dry. That is what he told me to do and I have been doing it for one month now. I had my initial breakout in the 3rd week. That is about the time the Differin starts pushing out the bacteria in your clogged pores. What you are having is probably not your intial breakout. If you have only been on the topicals for 3 days. I am gonna stick it out though most people say you will see great results after 4 or 5 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
(female)

anila HB User
Re: question about differin gel and klaron lotion

My derm said I might have initial breakout in the first week. I'm also on doxy for an infection. I have been taking that for over a week now. Could it be the doxy causing an initial breakout?

does anyone know if using jojoba oil will interfere with differin?

Closed Thread