It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
(male)

phegotgame HB User
Really dry skin,acne etc....

Over the past 4-5 years i have had really really dry skin on my face, which i think leads to acne/clogged pores. I use lotion every single day and my face still seems dry. Every once in a while i think i can go without lotion by only rinsing my face (water only)once a day but then my skin really dries out. Other then my dry skin, my eyes are itchy and irritated and im really uncomfortable in heat and sweat a ton. So i guess i was wondering if anyone else have had these symptoms or know what may be wrong. Thx

Old 05-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

health15 HB User
Re: Really dry skin,acne etc....

Same thing with me! Over the last 3-4 years my skin has become very dry. In my 20ies I had combination skin with an oily T-zone. Now my whole face is dry. It is frustrating because acne products are drying. I have dry skin, but have to use the oil free moisturizers for oily skin. I wouldn't dare use the ones for dry skin for fear of breaking out. I found that using a mild cleaner 1 X a day (I use either Mary Kay time wise cleanser or cetaphil) and a SA scrub (recently discovered St Ives medicated scrub) the other time of the day it isn't drying. BP tends to really dry out my skin. I have trouble tolerating it. I have recently started using Green cream and like it a lot. I am kind of surprised that I am tolerating a retinol so well.

Bottom line is I think that you need something for exfoliating when you have dry skin and acne along with the mositurizers. Like you said, the flakes can clog the pores. It does take some time to figure out how much is good for you without making any breakouts worse by irritating the skin. I had some purging with the Green cream, so that is why I recently added the St Ives scrub with SA. And I would never go without a moisturizer 2 x a day.

regarding the other symtoms. I hardly sweat at all. Even when I am working out at the gym. My eyes do burn sometimes.

Last edited by health15; 05-25-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #3
(male)

Bears00 HB User

Ive had the same problems with dry skin. I recently tried two products that seem to work really good together. I have been using St. Ives Apricot Radiance Moisture Rich Cream Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin to clean my skin. It exfoliates without drying. I also use a tiny bit of cetaphil lotion which moisturizes pretty good. Good Luck

Old 05-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
(male)

gettinfixed HB User

I use to have dry skin also. It seemed like no matter how much I moisturized, I would get dry even with a touch of water! Moisturizers never work for me for some reason. I stopped using moisturizer and now my face is ALOT better. I am letting my face do the moisturizing than the stuff in the jar. My face did go through a dry spell after I stopped of course, but my face "came into action" and started doing its job and it took about 2 full weeks for my face to get correct but its supple and alot clearer! The only thing that I do for my face is that I scrub with AHAVA Glentle Scrub which is FABULOUS!!! It is so much better than that St. Ives crap! And then I have this all natural Goats Milk facial cleanser bar that I use. You guys should read upon Goats Milk, its really good for the face. I just do those 2 things and my face couldnt look better!!!

Old 05-31-2005, 08:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User

U should try St. Ives Hydroxy peel-off masque. u can only get it at walmart. It had lactic acid in it and I use it twice a week. I had the same problem, really really dry skin with flakes and dry skin buildup causing breakouts. This stuff takes all that crap off your face then u can put on the moisturizer and it will actually work, not just pile on top of the dry skin. and try patting on the moisturizer, not rubbing or smoothing it in, that might clog your pores too. just rub it on your hands then pat it on your face. and for really dry spots use neosporin. I've been using it ALL OVER my face for the past 5 months and I'm now completely clear. If i had listened to people on here telling me to stay away from it, I'd still have acne and scars

Closed Thread