It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Inactive

harrisson HB User
popping=good?

I was wondering if its better to pop the pimples with white tips full of puss or to let them comeout on there own.. it looks so gross when u see the puss inside the pimple also if u do squeeze whats the safest way and best way to do it so it dont scar. Also if u do squeeze should u squeeze it all out.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
(male)

Influence HB User
Re: popping=good?

I pop mine & then right after use something to clean my face. (cleanser)
so it heals quicker. thing for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
(female)

bsg17 HB User

After popping a zit use calamine lotion. Just dabb it on the zit. Works pretty good. It dries up the pimple at least somewhat. After that you can a rub ice on it. (Reduces reddness).

Old 09-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
(male)

bomber HB User

Popping a zit is never a good idea, it often leaves scars.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:30 AM   #5
(female)

realsad HB User

for myself (and i know many people will disagree with me) it is sometimes better to pop them. in my opinion. i don't usually do it because of how it looks, i have had really painful ones that i have easily been able to pop and get everything out, it would be like an instant release of preasure, which would almost instantly take the pain away, plus heal so so so much faster, the reason i know it was better to pop them was a couple times i wanted to test it, so i left a few of them alone. some of them continued to grow larger and more sore each day until i had no choice but to pop them, and waiting made it harder to do in some cases. the ones that didn't grow, remained painful for atleast a week and didn't heal mostly until about a month later, where as the ones i popped were healed in a week tops. and i haven't gotten much scaring from those. after i pop it i usually put neosporin on. it sounds strange, but i think it depends on the kind of pimple or zit er whatever. some are easy to pop, and it turns out good, but some aren't and popping can make a bigger problem. i also think popping and picking are two completely different things that sometimes get confused or thought to be the same. i think picking is defiantely a no-no and i am an expert on that too. i consider "picking" to be those times when there is not even any inflammation but i am determined to just get stuff outta pores so i squeeze the crap outta my face till it looks like i got in a fight, literally. thats never good. and i have done it so so many times, i have OCD to give you an idea of how bad the picking can be with me. well anyway thats my say on the issue, thanks for your time

Last edited by realsad; 09-01-2005 at 06:32 AM.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
(female)

bsg17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsad
for myself (and i know many people will disagree with me) it is sometimes better to pop them. in my opinion. i don't usually do it because of how it looks, i have had really painful ones that i have easily been able to pop and get everything out, it would be like an instant release of preasure, which would almost instantly take the pain away, plus heal so so so much faster, the reason i know it was better to pop them was a couple times i wanted to test it, so i left a few of them alone. some of them continued to grow larger and more sore each day until i had no choice but to pop them, and waiting made it harder to do in some cases. the ones that didn't grow, remained painful for atleast a week and didn't heal mostly until about a month later, where as the ones i popped were healed in a week tops. and i haven't gotten much scaring from those. after i pop it i usually put neosporin on. it sounds strange, but i think it depends on the kind of pimple or zit er whatever. some are easy to pop, and it turns out good, but some aren't and popping can make a bigger problem. i also think popping and picking are two completely different things that sometimes get confused or thought to be the same. i think picking is defiantely a no-no and i am an expert on that too. i consider "picking" to be those times when there is not even any inflammation but i am determined to just get stuff outta pores so i squeeze the crap outta my face till it looks like i got in a fight, literally. thats never good. and i have done it so so many times, i have OCD to give you an idea of how bad the picking can be with me. well anyway thats my say on the issue, thanks for your time
I agree! Popping let's out all of the junk. The pimples do go away alot quicker. But there is times when I repop a pimple two or three times. Anyone ever have to do that? Well I always popped them and always will (until there are none to pop). I've had many pimples but have few scars that are little noticable. Do I care about getting scars? Well yeah but scars are nothing a little demabrasion or laser surgery can't remove.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #7

blank HB User

i hate that.

you pop them...and then within the day they refill with puss.
and then it just gets worse and worse.

argh!

Old 09-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #8
(male)

Buddha HB User

I hate when the pore is small but the junk is huge and like it hurts soo much to get the junk out........and then when you pop and the stuff gets on the mirror ewwwwwwww that stuff is nasty

Old 09-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

scars are very hard to get rid of.i know a lot of people that had co2 laser resurfacing or dermabrasions or both and still have the same scars.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #10
(male)

california1 HB User

if anyone's sad about scarring take a look at some of the actors out there with bad skin... bill murray, robert davi, morgan freedman, and believe it or not.. brad pitt. he's got scarring.

Closed Thread