It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
(male)

Equinoxx HB User
Unhappy Serious Oily Skin (Please Help)

The skin on my face is so unbelievably oily that I just don't know what to do any more. About an hour after I wash my face you can see little droplets of oil coming out of my pores. It's really embarassing to have people ask why I'm "sweating" in 40-degree weather when I'm really not. It's really gross to have a face that looks like you've dipped it in grease about 3 hours after you've washed your face.

I've been on Accutane 3 times, which really helped with my acne. (The last time I took it was about 2 years ago.) I've also been on just about every perscription for acne that there is.....from antibiotics to nasty pastes you keep in the refrigerator. I've also tried several of the oily skin products that are on the market, and they tend to work for only a few days, or only for the first 2 hours.

Please, any help is appreciated. I just want this problem to go away.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #2
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User
Re: Serious Oily Skin (Please Help)

It does take time, I mean it's horrible to say, but once you get older it goes away a bit. Some people just have a little more oil than others. Or shine. Try using Cetaphil for normal-oily skin. Cetaphil is good stuff. Or Johnson & Johnson Soap Free Face Wash.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
(male)

primo1 HB User

i've heard jojoba oil (it's a moisturizer) works for oily skin. i've never tried it though but im planning too. i read that it's better to apply the jojoba oil at night. try to search this board for jojoba oil.

hope this helps.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:09 AM   #4
(female)

spotty99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngfan4lyfe
It does take time, I mean it's horrible to say, but once you get older it goes away a bit. Some people just have a little more oil than others. Or shine. Try using Cetaphil for normal-oily skin. Cetaphil is good stuff. Or Johnson & Johnson Soap Free Face Wash.
I can definately attest to this. I definately had the same problem with really really oily skin when I was younger. I am now 35. I still have oily skin but it has reduced a fair bit now. Ever since I started using Neo Strata's AHA products, my oiliness is even further controlled. I also have gycolic peels which I think helped my oily skin as well. If I have translucent powder on, I only need to blot lightly once in the afternoon and my face look matte. It's a nice.

I heard that putting milk of magnesia on the face before putting makeup helps though I have not personally tried it yet. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:36 AM   #5

Terihe HB User

I agree with what spotty99 says Try under the powder, the milk of magnesia. A small amount applied to the skin. A lot of people have had sucess with this. It is cheap and worth a try.

Last edited by Terihe; 05-27-2005 at 07:38 AM.

Old 05-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #6
(male)

Equinoxx HB User

I'm 27, and the weird thing is my oiliness seems to be getting worse as I get older. The gross thing is, despite the oiliness, my skin gets all peely when I first wash. But then again I usually use Oxy with benzoyl peroxide.

Old 05-28-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
(male)

BigStallion HB User

When you wash your face does it feel really tight afterwards? And do you break out with your oily skin?

Old 05-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
(male)

Equinoxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStallion
When you wash your face does it feel really tight afterwards? And do you break out with your oily skin?
It doesn't get really tight, but I do tend to break out if I don't use some type of benzoyl peroxide product. I tried using a salcilic (sp?) acid wash, and that not only made my skin peel excessively, it also made me break out more than normal.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #9
(female)

MissMichele HB User

I use Milk of Magnesia on my face before I put on my tinted moisturizer. I live in a very humid city and my T-zone gets REALLY oily. I wonder if it is good to use a product not formulated for the skin, though. MOM is the only thing I have tried as a primer that actually works. No commercial cosmetic brand or homemade remedy has worked. Anybody have any opinions about frequent use of MOM on face?

Old 08-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

I am gonna try the Milk of Magnesia thing. I too have extremely oily skin, although mine shows up only 15 min. after cleansing....so irratating, not to mention my cystic acne that occurs also. Oh and just to let you know, I'm 33 and it is not showing any signs of getting better (with age as someone said). And the other sucky thing is my skin is very sensitive and underneath all the oil is dry skin........what's up with that. If I cleanse and go without moisturizer.....yes oil, but dry skin also.......but yes tons of oil also on top of my dry skin. So I have to use a moisturizer or my skin feels like its gonna break off.

I have a derm. appt coming up and hope and pray! she can help me, so sick of NOTHING working....for the acne, cysts and oil.

Closed Thread