It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

myztic HB User
exfoliated too much?

I recently got dermalogica daily microfoliant.. loved it.. cuz i just felt like i was getting clean... and its so soft you can't feel anything.. anyway.. after the first time i did it i noticed i was a bit red but i figured maybe thats cuz i cleaned my skin up.. after exfoliating like this for three days i noticed marks on my skin.. basically i now have red veins that i can see on my face.. is this cuz i exfoliatedtoo much? did i break like my cappillaries or something? what did i do that caused this.. did i like take off too many layers of skin or something? and how do i solve this. i've got red veins showing through my skin.. its not too noticeable if u look at me from far but when you come up close its still noticeable
what do i do?
Anyone have a similar experience?

Old 05-26-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
(female)

GoldDustWoman HB User
Re: exfoliated too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myztic
is this cuz i exfoliatedtoo much?
I think it is because your skin was not used to it and you may have over used the product, abrasive products have never worked for me personally. They tend to make my face red and cause more breakouts. I'm not sure about your red lines, you may want to seek professional help if they do not subside.

Sorry to hear about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 11:59 PM   #3
(male)

primo1 HB User

yeah your face is not used to the product. your face got irritated. if you still want to use that product, i recommend to heal your face first then use the product every other three days for your face to get used to it. just a suggestion.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
(female)

myztic HB User

but did i break these cappilaries, like will it be on my face forever now? and how do i help it heal

Old 05-27-2005, 07:30 AM   #5

Terihe HB User

Your face should go back to normal. Don't use the scrub for a while and if you reastart use a couple of times a week and see how it goes. If it is still irritated by the scrub, manual exfoliation is not for your skin. Use a chemical exfoliant cleanser like an AHA cleanser or one with BHA.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
(female)

eccentric HB User

i had the same thing when i bought a new exfoiliating product i stopped using it and it all went away.

Closed Thread