It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

GoldDustWoman HB User
Question Has anyone tried The Acne Cure?

Hi, I'm new...

I've had acne (about 15 years) from the time I hit puberty until my early 20's, then my acne subsided for several years but has now suddenly come back... pretty bad too. I have scars from acne dating back to my teens. Unfortunately I have never had a lot of spare money to see a dermatologist or have professional treatments, and I have used every over the counter product on the market I can think of and nothing really seems to work. I decided to join this board because I need to do some more research and find other people like me.

I am tired of my acne, it makes me feel miserable sometimes. My scars are permanent it seems as the at home microdermabrasion will not remove them... and now I am having daily breakouts like I was 13 again.

I am over the whole wishy washy thinking of "it will one day go away".... now trying to educate myself further, so I bought a book called: The Acne Cure by Terry J. Dubrow.

Has anyone used this method? If so, how did it work for you? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Now time to read more posts here.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried The Acne Cure?

The Acne Cure is simply a daily regiment. It's definetly not a cure. Though, I did buy the book, and continue to use the regiment daily... the same information could have been found on the internet. I think it's more effective for people who DO respond to OTC products and have no need for dermatologists. For me personally, Accutane 5 times couldn't stop my acne.. so it's obvious this regiment is not clearing up my acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
(female)

GoldDustWoman HB User

Thanks for the info Andrew. I am starting to see some results, but only time will tell.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

GoldDustWoman HB User

Has anyone else had results using this program??

Here is the information on the 6 week program if anyone is interested:

We all carry, both on the skin's surface and inside our pores, a safe level of many different types of bacteria. Among those is a Propionibacterium acnes, or fittingly enough, P. acnes for short. It likes to live on your skin's surface, but also deep in your pores. P. acnes can develop into an acne problem if the stage is set in four ways.

The art of the Acne Cure program lies in the fact that the four stages of your acne, although treated concurrently, is handled with its own medication, as if it were a separate disease. All work toward eliminating the bacteria P. acnes. So if you follow this program your acne doesn't stand much of a chance.

Step 1—Cleaning Away Excess Dead Cells
The first step in the Acne Cure program is to clean off the excess dead cells from the skin's surface while also killing any bacteria that may be entrenched there, ready to attack. This step must not dry out the skin.

The best ingredient by far for this preliminary cleaning and sanitizing is salicylic acid, a product that is widely available in commercial brands sold in your drugstore or supermarket. Besides being an excellent cleanser, it is anti-inflammatory and is a special form of antioxidant.

Choose a salicylic acid product with a 2% concentration. Make sure that it does not include any other active ingredients, especially glycolic acid.

Use salicylic acid twice daily for six weeks.

Step 2—Removing the Clog
Glycolic acid is a natural food product derived from sugar cane. It can manage the task of digging down into your skin and loosening and then removing the "cemented-in" plugs beneath the skin's surface.

When choosing your glycolic acid product, look for one that has between 8 and 10 percent active ingredient and contains no other active ingredients. Apply the glycolic acid cream in the morning after the salicylic acid treatment. Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. Continue for six weeks.

Step 3—Stopping the Disease Dead in Its Tracks
The reason the Acne Cure works is that, in addition to cleaning the surface of the skin with salicylic acid and loosening many of the surface "wads" with glycolic acid, it adds a third vital step, and that is to destroy the P. acnes bacteria within your pores with an antibacterial agent. Fortunately, there is such an agent, called benzoyl peroxide (BP).

Instructions:
1. Run an ice cube over the area you intend to treat.
2. Apply the BP (that you have kept cold in your refrigerator). Cool your hand with an ice cube, then place a small amount of the BP cream of lotion in your palm, then apply it evenly across all areas of the skin that show acne. Apply cold packs to the area for 10 minutes. Wipe excess BP off with a dry cloth.

Step 4—Protecting Your Skin
Your acne should be cured after six weeks, but you need to keep your skin healthy and this involves using a moisturizing cream daily.

Closed Thread