It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

anila HB User
I don't like differin

When I first read about differin, I thought it was just what I needed. I was willing to go thru the initial breakout. But now, I don't know, it doesn't seem worth it. I have been searching these boards like mad reading everyone's comments on differin. Some are good but most are bad. Mostly people say that it didn't work at all or the initial breakout lasted a long time or they cleared up then acne returned. Someone reported that differin causes the skin to thin after prolonged use causing sagging face and wrinkles. I'm not going to trade acne for wrinkles!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #2

sadend HB User
Re: I don't like differin

diffren stinks i used it for a long time i like the azelex better. The only med that really kills acne is accutane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #3

nm80 HB User

does azelex get rid of redmarks AND acne? i thought it eas just for redmarks. i have been using it for 2.5 weeks now and i can tell a tiny difference i think but i use it usually once a day unless i reaplly it after working out. i was thinking of not using my differin at night and to replace it with azelex so i put it on twice a day. i am also taking amp pills once a day.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
(male)

utlonhghorn HB User

Like Retin a Micro, Differin is a retinoid but it is weaker and so less harsh. I was on it for 8 weeks and it seemed to bring stuff to the surface but didn't do any prevention. (didn't stop pimples from forming) so I kept breaking out. I went on 0.04% Retin A micro and withina few weeks saw dramatic changes. Now I have not had a SINGLE pimple for the last 2 and a half months.
As far as the thinning thing goes, that is just a myth and it actually has made my skin look GREAT. Models even use this everyday.

Closed Thread