It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
(male)

johnston HB User
Few questions,blackheads and accutane

Hi, well this is my first post and im new to accutane and the likes. I have relatively few red spots, few on my jaw and the odd few on my back or chest, hardly ever there though. I however have loads of blackheads everywere on my upper back, shoulders, chest and forehead. Anyway its been like this for years and i went to see a derm, who has put me on a course of accutane for 4 months at 60mg. I am 17, and weigh about 60kg.

Anyway i would like to know how successful roacutane is with blackheads, i am sure it will stop the spots but havent seen anything on blackheads. Also i regulary drink alcohol maybe one night a week, which might be say 5 pints. What side affects will this have if i continue, is it dangerous? My personal trainer at the gym has recomended i go on creatine , is it safe to be on creatine and accutane at the same time? Thanks in advance, Johnston

Old 05-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
(male)

johnston HB User
Re: Few questions,blackheads and accutane

bump... please help me guys i start it tomorrow :S

i was told that the dosage should be about 1mg for every kg body weight. Also when i am on accutane will i be unable to go the the gym and workout on weights and running etc as much, will i have less energy and will working out be worse for my skin during being on accutane?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #3

sadend HB User

Hi,
Yes accutane / roccutane will help with your black heads.You should see a very good estheticain in the mean time to remove some of the black heads you already have. You should not drink in general its so bad for your skin . Also creatine is know to cause acne.And yes you will still be able to work out you just might be thirstier.
And working out is good for your skin just remeber to wash immediatly afterwards.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:37 AM   #4
(male)

johnston HB User

ok, thanks alot! Also when would be the best time in the day for me to take my tablets? in the morning, afternoon, evenings or what? If i were to occasionaly drink alcohol in the evening would it be better for me to take my tablets in the morning maybe with breakfast?

Old 05-30-2005, 02:32 PM   #5

sadend HB User

Hey Johnston,
You can take your tabs any time of day just try to take them at the same time each day. Take them with a meal . Yes if you are going to drink a little alc. Take the tabs in the am .Also dont drink milk there was a published study recently saying that h.s Students who drank skim milk regularly were 3 times more likley to have acne.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
(male)

johnston HB User

Hey Johnston,
You can take your tabs any time of day just try to take them at the same time each day. Take them with a meal . Yes if you are going to drink a little alc. Take the tabs in the am .Also dont drink milk there was a published study recently saying that h.s Students who drank skim milk regularly were 3 times more likley to have acne.

ah ok, thanks very much for your help. I'll take my tab's each mornin with my breakfast then, before or after eating or in between or does it not matter lol, sorry just want to make sure i get the full benefit of them. Thanks for the advice on taking milk, i'll def take that aboard. Thanks for your help, if i have any more qtns or anything ill post in here. Thanks again.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #7

sadend HB User

Doesnt matter right before in the middle or after breakfast it all ok.
Ya for sure ask anything you want. I do alot of reading on acne. So ask whatever you like.

Closed Thread