It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
(male)

Ashfield HB User
Balanced diet / Plenty of water?

Hey ppl,

Okay, i'm reading through threads and ppl are saying well balanced diet and plenty of water can prevent and defently help your face.. does this really work? I already drink plenty of water, and ive started eatin salad etc everyday.. even cutting down on junk food altogether.. will this help my skin clear up or look better?

Thanks! Ash

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
Re: Balanced diet / Plenty of water?

Everyone is different. I used to eat junk food ALL the time and my face was clear, now I am exercising and eating healthy and my skin is breaking out. Some people swear by the healthy eating/drinking water will prevent breakouts, but for me, there is no correlation. You will just need to try it out for a while and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
(female)

jazmella HB User

Oh my Lord, there is DEFINITELY a correlation...At least for me...

I "allowed" myself to eat junkfood for the past 2 weeks (after clean/healthy eating for months & months) and am breaking out like ever! Argh!

I'm going to fast on nothing but water and a little meal at dinner for a few days to clean out my system, then hop back on the healthy living train!

Last edited by jazmella; 05-29-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 AM   #4

findingmyway67 HB User

This holds true for me 100%. I was eating really well, at least a gallon of water a day, salad for lunch every day, fresh fruit, little to no dairy/sugar/junk, and my skin was looking good. Then I went on 2 really bad junk food binges in the last few months...fast food, soda, candy, chips, ice cream, you name it. I had a horrible breakout each time. Then when I got back on track, and ate healthy again my skin improved.

Everyone reacts differently, but for me it's obvious that when I put junk in my body, it comes out my skin.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Problemz HB User

''you either walk on the right side of the road or on the left side of the road... If you walk in the center, squish, you get smashed!''. Same thing with diet... You either dont care and eat junk food but you dont cut down on junk food because it will get only worse.... If you dont eat junk food for 2 weeks and then eat some, your system isnt used to it anymore so you break out more... So if you try diet, you have to go all the way (no mercy).... and stop junk food (at least).. then there are also other diiet tips like eating certain types of cereal (barley, oats and buckwheat) and no red meat etc..

Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
(female)

tscorpio24 HB User

I went a few months eating extremely healthy. I ate fresh raw fruits and vegetables, beans, rice, water, salmon, and flaxseeds. My skin got a little better but nothing great. I am back to eating junk food and my face is worse, so even though eating healthy didn't clear me up 100%, it did help.

Last edited by tscorpio24; 05-31-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Spelling

Closed Thread