It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #1

inloveJAA HB User
Question Sulfur: I think this is helping!....

I've tried a few creams from the dermatologist and nothing worked for me, so finally I went to the healthfood store and got some good vitamins, some pills by "DermaKlear" called "Akne Zyme" and also a soap by the same company called "Akne Treatment". It has 5% sulfur in it. I've only been on these things for 4 days and have already seen a huge improvement. I'm guessing its from the soap, because I dont think the pills would be working that fast.

The soap is drying, but nothing compared to the awful creams from the derm!! Nothing else has worked for me yet except for this sulfur soap, so I'm hoping to keep seeing progress.

I found a sulfur cream at Walgreens called "Pomada de Azufre" whatever that means, ha....but it says its acne medication 10% sulfur. Anybody seen this or tried it??? I'm wondering if I should try this as well as the soap??

Any imput on if sulfur worked for you would be great!!

Old 05-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
Re: Sulfur: I think this is helping!....

Murad's line has a zit zapping cream that had sulfur in it, and all I remember is the awful SMELL of rotten eggs! Ick! It made my face smell like a sewer. I stopped using it. Do these products have a stench as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

TKK3 HB User

I had the same experience. I couldn't continue to use the Clearasel Adult Acne cream with sulfur because everyone at work kept smelling matches! I couldn't continue with it so I would be interested to know if the soap smelled as well.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #4

inloveJAA HB User

No this soap doesnt smell like that at all. It really has no scent. I was afraid it would smell like rotten eggs too, but it doesnt at all. Maybe you should give it a try

Old 05-31-2005, 04:39 AM   #5

yahgler HB User

I've been using Bye Bye Blemish (which comes in really cheesy packaging so it's pretty embarrassing to buy), but it's a sulfur spot treatment. I'm not sure what sulfur percentage it contains, but I really like it. It definitely smells like rotten eggs, but it's only to be used as a nighttime spot treatment, so when I cleanse it off in the morning the smell is gone. It really is the thing that helps me the most with my zits (after they come to the surface - it's not meant to be a preventative treatment). It dries up my whiteheads faster than anything else I've ever tried.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:04 AM   #6
(female)

wintermitts HB User

I use sulfur to dry out and erase stray blemishes and it works beautifully. I use the Murad brand, and then another sulfur thing by Victoria Principle. I use Murad Acne complex, and the sulfur thing comes with that - but that whole system has cleared up my skin wonderfully.

Sulfur=awesome.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:01 PM   #7

inloveJAA HB User

Well I'm glad that it has worked for other people too...I'm definitely going to start using more products with this in it instead of salicilyc acid (which does nothing for me)

Thanks for posting!

Old 06-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
(female)

Miranda005 HB User
Wink Re: Sulfur: I think this is helping!....

Hey

I use the refining mask from pro-activ (which is a sulfur acne treatment) I use it for emergency pop ups, the sulfur causes the pimple to dry out. After i wash my face @ night i put 1% SA night cream on, after it drys i spot treat w/ refining mask and go to bed. In morning i wash off. If i have a very stubburn zit it put a 6% benzyol peroxide cream on it and then after its drys i put the refining mask on it and leave it over night. drys those suckas out.

Miranda

Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 PM   #9
(female)

teferet123 HB User

I just recently tried "bye bye blemish" and it has worked wonders! I have mild acne and nothing else worked for me. "bye bye blemish" contains sulfur as its active ingredient and quickly dried out my zits without overdying the skin. I peel horribly with benzoyl peroxide and have sensitive skin and this is my savior! Definitely give it a shot. Sulfur is better than salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide but it's more expensive which is probably why it's not so popular.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 PM   #10
(male)

Dalacined HB User

My GP gave me calamine added with sulfur, I dint dare to try it thought. So I bought Avene cleanser, and I must say its the best cleanser i've ever used.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
(female)

jamie451 HB User

Are any of these products available in Australia? I tried looking around the shops and i didnt see anything that specifically had sulfur in it. Id really like to give it a try..

Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #12
(male)

kHan artist HB User

I use a sulfur/tea tree/sa spot treatment (Clear by Cosmedix)...its great for getting rid of acne by bringin active ones to the surface quickly and dryin them out. Acne spots that would normally take 7-10 days to go away, will go away in 2-4 days.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #13
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

The Thing In Bye Bye Blemish That Really Dries Out The Zits Is Calamine, Not Sulfur

Old 12-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #14
(female)

kaity4189 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie4u22
Murad's line has a zit zapping cream that had sulfur in it, and all I remember is the awful SMELL of rotten eggs! Ick! It made my face smell like a sewer. I stopped using it. Do these products have a stench as well?
I have only been using Murad for about two weeks, but from my understanding, the only products in their line that contain sulfur are the clarifying mask and the spot treatment. I only use the mask once a week at night and I only use the spot treatment in moderation, so the smell is not that bad.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I like Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask which also has sulphur. I like to use it as spot treatment for zits. It dries up zits fast. It's cheap at drugstores too.

Closed Thread