It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

Miranda005 HB User
Question acne related to birth control

Hello everyone

Let me tell you about myself. I'm 25 years never had a problem with acne untill I was 19, started off really mild then the oil on my skin started to increase over the years and i ended up with moderate acne. The only facial cleanser I.ve been using is proactiv which did really help but the acne is coming back, I find that I'm breaking out constintly every like 3 or 4 days.So one day I was surfing the net for a differn't treatment and found that some cases of acne are caused by certain kinds of birth control. Does anybody have any information on this that would help me, I'm currently using triquilar 21.

Is this common because my doctor didin't have anything to say about it

Thanks

Old 05-30-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Re: acne related to birth control

I'm sure it's common. Infact...that's EXACTLY what my problem was. I never had probs w/BCPs until after I had my son. Then EVERYTHING I tried broke me out...even the one's that are supposed to help acne. I ended up using Nuva Ring, which seemed to help. I'm pregnant now, so my face is pretty much clear...I'm just upset because like I said, I never had problems before...and now I have deep pitted scars I have to live with for the rest of my life.

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

Miranda005 HB User
Wink Re: acne related to birth control

Thanks Jenn

I was thinking about telling my doctor about this problem. but i'm affraid that if i stop taking my birth cotrol my skin will get worse.

I here getting a blood test is good so that you can find out if your body is deficent in any vitamins, maybe you find out that the source of your acne is a vitamin deficency.

Miranda

Old 05-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: acne related to birth control

miranda, i blame my four solid months of huge, painful, humiliating cystic acne on ortho evra, the birth control patch. i switched to yasmin and it's been like night and day. i started accutane at the same time as the patch and thought it was the tane, but i feel certain now that it was the bc.

good luck! ali

Closed Thread