It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
(female)

Miranda005 HB User
Cool acne chat

Hello all you wonderful people

Does anyone feel like sharing their feelings about acne, I feel it always helps when i share my feelings. I have an hour before i have to go to work.
I was 18 when my acne started(i am now 25), It never bothered me untill i broke up with my high school sweatheart and had to start dating again. I have been using proactiv solution ever since(works ok) but don't like whats doing to my skin(dry, cracked, flaking, pre mature aging ,wrinkles under my eyes) So i have been on acuzine for 4 days now.

Does anyone want to share their experiences or feelings? I like to talk

Miranda

Old 05-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User
Re: acne chat

Hey. I'm 14 and I started gettin the occasional pimple when I was about 13. So when I was 13, I used acne-free 3 step treatment. I cleared up in 3 days and rarely ever got a pimple for almost a year. Then Acne-Free changed something in there product. I started getting worse and worse around January. I used acne-free for a little while longer than I just gave up on it. My face was as worse as it ever was. I tried many treatments, with little results. Finally I decided I was going to try actimine. It's a pill that you take 3 times a day, and it says in 6-12 weeks you should start being clearer. I've been taking it for 6 weeks so far and haven't seen any results. I'm going to stick with it though, and if the 12 weeks comes, and I'm not clear, I'll be dissapointed. I went to the doctor to get checked for strep throat and he gave me Clindamycin Phosphate Gel. Also, he told me to use Oxy 10 BP wash twice a day. I have used the gel, and the wash for 4 days now. Also, I have been going tanning indoors. Some of my friends have tanned indoors and had great results with there acne. I have tanned for 4 days also. I hope that in a few weeks I start clearing up. I'm so sick of acne. It's soooo weird though, I mean acne-free worked, then when they changed there product i broke out bad. I thought that when i stopped using it, I would get clearer skin, but I haven't. For some reason i think acne-free did something to my skin, and made it more prone to acne. Thats my story. Has anyone tried Actimine, or clindamycin phosphate gel? and if so, what were your results?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User
Re: acne chat

hiya, no i haven't tried Actimine, or clindamycin phosphate gel and i don't think i've heard of it...
I have i think modrate acne actually sometimes its serve, it gets really bad, round the time of my peroids. I started getting acne when i was say 14 and i'm now 18 and its never fully gone away, i hope tho that when i get older it will, and i will not suffer from acne, cos i want to be able to have nice skin, when i have my wedding day (if i ever have a wedding) etc. Right now my skin, is ok, i have spots but their not big and red, and sore like sometimes they are. I have used so many cleansers on my face, and i swap them, sometimes i go on to using another different product, even though the one i was using isn't run out yet. The ones i have tried are: Exfoliating Clean and Clear Facial Wash, Clean and Clear cream facial wash that one had a sort of soothing effect to it when i put it on, i don't think i remember if they did anything to my skin, i mean like made it clearer, oh yea and i've tried Clean and Clear Blackhead facial scrub, thats ok, with my blackheads, but it doesn't take all of them away tho, and right now i'm using a Cleanand Clear Morning Burst one, its got little exfoliating beads in it, i use it and it takes some of my blackheads away, but i don't think its maker my spots go away. I also use these spot stick things, i've used the T-zone spot stick, that i've just finished using, in fact i used it then i stopped using it, then i went back onto using it again. and i've had the tea tree spot stick with lemon in it, that felt nice when i put it on, it was all cool, but i don't know if it was doing anything, then i'm using a Avon Clear Skin spot stick, don't know if thats doing anything either....i'm using a moistisor sometimes,although sometimes i forget to put it on, i use that Bio-Oil its a orangey oil and you can use it to take away stretchmarks,blemishes,scarring etc, but i think it takes a few months before you see results, i use it, and i think its taking away the scarring on the face, from spots that have left scars....oh yea, the other thing i had tried is a (i forgot the brand)begins with C i think but it was to take the marks away that blemishes make, it was in a thin stick, and i used it i think i saw some of the marks gone away, and just as they were, the stick ran out, and i didn't what to get another one, cos they cost £10

Old 08-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
(female)

skoniossis HB User
Exclamation Re: acne chat

You should try Retin A. Ask your derm about it. It was a miracle drug for me when I was a teen. However since its a long term healing drug, u dont see results immediately may take over4-5 weeks, but it WORKS.

Closed Thread