It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
(female)

polkadot83 HB User
the advil mask??

ive read a bunch about that advil mask that some of you use, but now i cant find it. could someone tell me exactly what it is (ingredients), how to use it, how often to use it, and if it helps? are there side effects? how did you all hear about this???
thanks!

Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 AM   #2

yahgler HB User
Re: the advil mask??

First thing - it's made from regular generic aspirin, not advil. Aspirin is another name for salicylic acid, which is a common acne treatment, so using aspirin in a mask is really all about putting concentrated salicylic acid on your face. Advil is ibuprofen, which is completely different. Anyway, all you have to do is take 6-8 uncoated aspirin tablets, crush/dissolve them in a little water (or some witch hazel) and spread it on your face. Don't expect it to be a smooth paste, it'll be pretty chunky. You can add some aloe vera gel if you want to make it stick better. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. As it dries it tends to fall off, so it can be messy. The aspirin can help to dry out your skin and your zits, and if you rub it with a little water after it dries you can use the chunks to exfoliate a bit. I've tried it and but I didn't really stick with it regularly to really see results, but that's the basic idea. If you search for "aspirin mask" instead of Advil mask, you'll probably find a lot more info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread