It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
(male)

MAD 4 IT! HB User
the best my skin has ever looked!!!!!!

OK so i'm on day 13/14 of accutane now and i have to say my skin is lookin the best it has done for.....well pretty much ever!!! i switched to the cetaphil moisturizer which has had a huge effect the ugly flakey crustiness is no more!!! i still have a lot of red marks, but i caught a bit of sun this weekend so they kinda blend in a lil bit which is nice! the only downside is the fact that i have to use a lot of the moisturizer so my skin now appears very shiny/oily but i dont mind as my acne is gettin better n better everyday!

side effects are gettin pretty bad eyes r sooooo dry eye drops are helpin bigtime! lips r really chapped corners of mouth hurt like hell!!

i do have a question tho, now my breakout has stopped and cleared up will my face continue to get better or will i break out again???????????anyone like to share their experiences?????

thanx in advance guys!

mike goons u still around hows the tane treatin u?

cheers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

..~**MISS**~.. HB User
Re: the best my skin has ever looked!!!!!!

It all depends on your dose. You might clear up now, but break out again if your dose gets upped. And even without upping a dose. you could have break outs here and there. But everytime you break out, it will be less and less severe. then it will be none. But after you clear up once, it will only get better from here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User

a lot of people on here had a repeat of acne AFTER accutane

Old 05-31-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

It just depends everyone reacts differently, but you will probably cycle through clear periods and breakouts. This is what happened to me, and when your dosage is uped you will probably continue the cycle until you are completely clear. Chances are you will breakout again,but take the good skin days when you can!

Old 05-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Talking Re: the best my skin has ever looked!!!!!!

cograts mad! i'm so glad the tane is working for you!

my skin didn't improve until my dosage was upped, it was all crappy and cystic on the low dose. go figure!

Last edited by arock; 05-31-2005 at 03:29 PM.

Closed Thread