It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
Inactive

harrisson HB User
cortisone shot plz read all

Hello i have this huge thing bulging out of my upper right cheeck and caused my eye to swell and i can see through taht eye but there is a difference in the two eyes like i can tell its still puffy and the pimple looking thing is all red but has no head and bulges out of my skin its size of a quarter, it looks like a bruise but i did nothing to get one there. And i put ice and it has got smaller nickel size now and when u push on it u can feel the liquid move around so im like 80% sure its a pimple. Im thinking about going to the derm and getting cortisone shot but i never been to derm and was wondering if my insurance would cover. also could i just walk in and get shot and not have a plan with the dermatoligist cuz i dont wanna use there bs cream crap. i just want shot. Also how can u tell if is a zit or not. thanks for all help. im thinking of going friday but thats my weekend to party and i dont want it looking worse. how many hours does it take to see a difference. 4-5 hours?

Old 06-01-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User
Re: cortisone shot plz read all

Sounds like a cyst to me. If you do decide to get a cortisone shot, it's most likely going to swell up for a few hours and look worse before it gets better. Within 24 hours of getting a shot, that's when my cysts would disappear. I had insurance coverage so I only paid a $5 copay, but without insurance, my derm charged $75. Many derms don't do the shots, so if yours does, I say go for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

badboy, that is a cyst. cortisone injections are covered by many insurance plans, but like boston girl said, make sure yer derm does 'em before you go in. my cysts usually took about a day or so to go away after getting the injections. whatever you do, DO NOT try to pop that thing or mess with it too much, or you'll have it forever, plus a nice big scar too. the ice is probably good for getting the swelling down. try the lemon juice thing! search this board for the thread. good luck!

Old 06-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
Inactive

harrisson HB User

thanks all but does it just make it go down or make the redness and everything dissapear. like would it help with minor pimples? because ill go and get like 10 shots for my whole face if needed and can they do the ones on the back cuz i have bad back acne. thanks for all help you guys keep it coming. Do u think if i go on thursday like at 3pm it would be gone by the next morning 6 or look atleast better then how it normally is.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

depends on the size and severity of the cyst. i had a couple that required multiple injections over a period of weeks to go away, but they looked way smaller and were not so horrible along the way. it will definately look alot better by the next morning! my bigguns usually take a couple of days to disappear altogether, but regular pimples, not whiteheads, go away a lot faster. they can inject yer backne too, although i have never had that done. but for those big cysts in particular, i cannot recommend injections enough. they really do the trick, and in a matter of days. otherwise yer stuck with those things for months. once it starts shrinking, it'll get less red as the swelling goes down. good luck badboy!

ps- those injections hurt, be prepared-- but it's worth it!

Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Inactive

harrisson HB User

k thanks do u have to make appointments or just walk ins and i have no dermatoligist i currently go to so would i have to make a plan or do a checkup b4 i get a shot because if so that would really suck...

Old 06-02-2005, 06:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

In a 1 year span, I had about 20 injections and they killed the cysts within 24-48 hours. It was slightly red but nothing a good cover up can't hide. I did have one that took 6 injections to finally go away. Like arock, I can't recommend these injections enough either. These injections got me out of hiding!

For some reason, getting an appointment with a derm is so difficult so I'd have to lie. I'd call and say that I had a wedding to go to over the weekend (or something big like that) and that I needed to get a cyst injected right away. They'd find a way to schedule me in. I just made sure I sounded frantic and upset haha.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:49 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

yup, boston girl is right. getting an appt w/ a derm can be incredibly difficult, for some reason, so if need be, lie! injections also got me out of hiding, when my face was so bad it looked like i was horribly burned, fixed me right up.

Closed Thread