It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #1

nm80 HB User
Can you become immune to these meds?

I was just wondering if you cna become immune to these meds like antibiotics or differin, azelex, etc..And even if they've worked sort of at the beginning if sometimes they can stop working? Thanks.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User
Re: Can you become immune to these meds?

Yes to all of the above!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 04:58 PM   #3

nm80 HB User

how does it happen ..and is there any signs (besides it just stop working)?

Old 06-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

your body just builds an immunity to any drug after an extended use of a drug, and no signs like you said it just stops working, for example lots of people use proactive for the first time and get great results for a year then it just stops working.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #5

nm80 HB User

okay. thanks for the reply. if you get immune to a certain med. and your doc or derm gives you another different kind but for the same problem and it may be similar is there a good chance it will still work for you?

Old 06-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

I believe so, it might be a higher dose or another drug all together, sorry for the lack of detail on this one, there just isn't much more to say about it, your hunch was right on. Good luck to you

Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 AM   #7

nm80 HB User

I am using Azelex to get rid of my red spots on my cheeks and I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed a differnce but they are still there. And I know I am just being paroniod about me becoming immune to it but when I used to put the azelex on it "burned a litle bit for about 20 minutes after I put it on but it doesn't really burn anymore after I put it on....is that a sign of it not working as well? I can still tell it's on but it's just not as much as when i first started using it..i think im just being pariniod because im really sick of these red marks on my face and i want 'em off! Lol, but i know it takes time...

Old 06-02-2005, 09:15 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Yeah, I understand. Your body would not have already built up an immunity that soon it would take months maybe longer. Just be patient and you will get the results you want, its hard I know, but hang in there.

Closed Thread