It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
(male)

Oily_Acne_Face HB User
My story.

I'm sure many of you have heard this, but I've had acne since I was 12 years old. Now I'm 18. I believe most of the products have just made my face worse. I can tell you benzoyl peroxide has literally ruined my face for now. My face is red, literally red. And it's so oily and I have blackheads all over my face.. Also I have the worse acne around my chin now. I breakout ever day and I have these little white dots on my face...no not whiteheads...they just stay on my face for months and then breakout. I have like a million of them. I have ance on my back and chest (Combined with blackheads) It's horrible.

I've given up on every product and I don't know what to do. My diet has been really healthy and it's just not helping.

I use two bars of soap. That's it. I'm trying to look for a product that's natural. No chemical products. I don't know what to do anymore.

Does anybody have a product that at least control's your acne?

Please help me out.

Also I don't get out much anymore and my friends always wonder why. I have a ton of them, but I just can't take it anymore. Acne is killing my life.

Last edited by Oily_Acne_Face; 06-02-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
(male)

Oily_Acne_Face HB User
Re: My story.

So no one knows of any good cleansers?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Sorry you are feeling down about this battle. I am feeling really down today too. I used to have such pretty skin and now there is red marks all over. Have you ever tried birth control pills? I have only had acne for a year now. I thought I could just get a quick fix. I thought this problem was easily curable. Boy was I wrong. I never knew how many people suffered and how much I took my good skin for granted before. I hope one day we will all find a solution. About your question on the cleansers my derm. told me my dove soap was good. I don't know much about cleansers just topicals and birth control and all the other crap I've tried.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
(male)

BigStallion HB User

You should probably go see a Derm., I'm sure they can help you.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

SUGARSTAR01 HB User
Smile Re: My story.

I really have to recommend DDF's Sulfur Therapeutic Mask. I've been using this product for about a month and I have to say that it has done a great job on clearing up my acne. It's a proven fact that sulfur aids in combating acne. Also, I've always had oily skin and after using this mask, the oil production on my face has decreased dramatically. Please try this.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #6

sadend HB User

if your acne is as bad as you say it is not potions tinctures or any other herbal / natural product will help you . You need acutal medication from a dermatologist.
Scars from your acne will hurt you more in the long term then any medication u take.
Your 18 you should be enjoying your life not bothering with acne. First off go see a derm get meds i reccomend accuatne cause its the only med that really works long term. Plus find a good esthetician or a derm that does acne surgery and get some of those white spots and black heads removed . Also you should have seen a derm a long time ago acne is not cosmetic.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #7
(male)

Oily_Acne_Face HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGARSTAR01
I really have to recommend DDF's Sulfur Therapeutic Mask. I've been using this product for about a month and I have to say that it has done a great job on clearing up my acne. It's a proven fact that sulfur aids in combating acne. Also, I've always had oily skin and after using this mask, the oil production on my face has decreased dramatically. Please try this.

Can anyone confirm that this product actually works?

Old 06-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #8
(male)

Oily_Acne_Face HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadend
if your acne is as bad as you say it is not potions tinctures or any other herbal / natural product will help you . You need acutal medication from a dermatologist.
Scars from your acne will hurt you more in the long term then any medication u take.
Your 18 you should be enjoying your life not bothering with acne. First off go see a derm get meds i reccomend accuatne cause its the only med that really works long term. Plus find a good esthetician or a derm that does acne surgery and get some of those white spots and black heads removed . Also you should have seen a derm a long time ago acne is not cosmetic.
I'd love to see a dermatologist, but my parents don't give a you know what. They can care less. They once called my doctor and she gave me more benzoyl peroxide, which basically made my face redder and oilier. I've basically been begging them for me to go to a dermatologist, but it's always a no. Just see the doctor. I know for a fact my doctor doesn't care for my skin. I know I'm 18, but I just don't have the money to go by myself.

I just can't take it anymore. Is there a way I can order accutane online? Maybe I can convince my parents to do that.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #9

sadend HB User

Do you have health insurance?
You need to go see your Dr. and let him or her know that the acne is ruining your life and ask him to call your folks and tell them to have you see a derm

Old 06-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #10
(male)

Oily_Acne_Face HB User

I hate my doctor though...

Is there a way I can remove my blackheads by myself? or does a derm need to do that?

Old 06-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #11

sadend HB User

Its not good if you hate your dr.
How can he give you proper medical advice and care if you dont like him?
Anyhow no you cannot remove them yourself you need to see an estheticain for a facial. If your try yourself you will push the bactiria back in to your skin and make you acne alot worse. You need to sit down with your parents and say you will do extra chores or whatever and explain how much acne bothers you and have them get you to a derm

Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 PM   #12
(male)

OtakuBakA HB User

i am truly sorry to hear that, i also have your problem in a similar way, maybe going to the Derm would be a good suggestion, and the benzoyl peroxide isnt really a product worth using, its pretty worthless for me.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #13
(female)

Sportyf14 HB User

I use Proactiv Solution. works great for me. my acne is under control now but was never that bad.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #14
(female)

stringbean HB User

I hope I can help you. I've been fighting from your age and 30 yrs plus.

Don't use soap.
Dont use warm or hot water on your face.
Don't use any products containing alcohols.

Any acne treatment will take time for your face to get use to, and it is true that it will probably get worse before getting better.

You say you've been on a good diet. That is good if it is the right kind of diet that is healthy. But acne is mostly the result of toxins and poisons in our bodys. It is the result of what is put into our bodys. Before you can see any results on your skin, you must rid the body and it organs of these toxins. Look for a Cleansing Diet. This must be done first to treat the cause and not the symptom. The blood stream must be cleansed first. It really isn't hard at all............look into it, it will be the most surprising thing you'll read. After that is accomplished a good diet has to do with the ph balance of the body. Look into how this is accomplished with the diet, oxygen, water and exercise. It will amaze you.

Stringbean

Old 06-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #15
(male)

AcneSufferer HB User

Diet helps a lot, but it defiently does not stop acne.
I weighed 140 pounds and then I went on this really strict diet. I lost 10 lbs and my acne looked better slightly but it did not stop it.
Drinking water is defiently the most important thing you can do and NOT TOUCHING YOUR FACE.(if i didn't touch my face , it would look 10 times better, but I pick and spread it)
I have mild acne and decided I want NO acne and am going to go on Accutane as soon as i can talk my parents into it.(lil afraid of intestine disease and the initial breakout that could cause scarring)

Natures' Cure BP and you get these little white pills which i dont even use-but the cream helps the best out of all store bought brands. You can buy them at any local market. THE Bp is 5% and has other natural things which works a lot. Taking 10 G a day of B5 helps for a bit too. Eating eggs and taking vitamin A along with B-Complex, zinc, and vitamin C helps ~

Closed Thread