It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
(male)

Andrew21 HB User
Accutane Redness

Hey Guys,

Im on week two of accutane and my skin is really red. I have always used sun block and avoid the sun pretty much everyday. I'm not sure what could cause the redness... has this happened to anyone?

Also the fatigue is getting worse (i cant concentrate at work like i used too)... Is it just me? Or does this happen to a lot of people?

And thank you to all that reply to posts like mine. Those of you who have been through this make those currently on the drug answer a lot of questions!

God Bless

-Andrew

Old 06-03-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

portrgirl HB User
Re: Accutane Redness

I haven't been on accutane, but I can sympathize with the low concentration at work. I'm a college student who works 20 hours a week also. Stay away from coffee and soda, it'll make you feel worse. Try green tea (there's a kind called macheta I think?). It's super good for you, the little caffine in it is absorbed by your body slower than coffee's caffine so it lasts 8 hours, and helps calm and focus the brain. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hey andrew. i know what you mean about the fatigue. i'm a housewife, and my husband is always complaining about what has happened to our house! i am exhausted, feels like all the time. i usually take a multivitamin with ginseng, that seems to help, and a fish oil supplement as well. i also avoid coffee and soda, but like portrgirl said, green tea (i like stash teas), and earl grey do it for me. not too much though, or you won't be able to sleep. also, keep hydrated, the first sign of dehydration is fatigue, so make sure to drink plenty of water.

your skin might be turning red b/c it's getting dry. make sure to use a good moisturizer, if that's the case, and avoid sa, aha, bha, bp and the like. use at least a spf30, and stay outta the sun. and don't drink! i cannot stress that enough. besides the liver/kidney damage, you will get a terrible (TERRIBLE!!) hangover. luck! ali

Old 06-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
(male)

Andrew21 HB User

I went out last night and had only ONE beer and felt A LOT more buzzed then i ever had with one beer.

So i guess your right.. I shouldnt drink!

But no hangover...

Quick off the wall question, i'm on my first month of accutane and might quit my job (they stress me out too much!) does anyone know what the hell COBRA is and how it works? I know it lets you keep your insurance for a while for the same price as your group price but how long does it last?

Thanks guys! You all rock!

-Andrew

Closed Thread