It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

Danceislife HB User
Question Does anyone have exema?

My derm put me on retin-a micro for my face and arms. Worked well on my face but my arms broke out in a dry, red, rash thing he said it was exema so now hes treating me for exema and acne. Its hard and really sucks! Does exema ever get better or go away? What is it? I'd love any comments.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
(female)

health15 HB User
Re: Does anyone have exema?

I have eczema. It is a rash with dry flakey patches of skin that can be itchy. I get mine on my hands and around my ankles mostly. It usually goes away and comes back in the same places. It is mostly treated with steriod creams. Mine is worse in the winter and when I am working (I work in healthcare and have to wash my hands frequently). It also seems to make me more sensitive to products. A lot of lotions will make my skin burn or itch. I get it sometimes on my face if I use BP products like proactive. I have to use a moisturizer on my whole body everyday or my skin feels itchy and dry. Mine comes and goes, but never really goes away unless I am on vacation in a very warm and humid environment. Yours sounds like a reaction to a specific medication, so I'm sure yours will eventually go away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
(male)

ryu1977 HB User

Hi Health15

I am really happy to read your post. At least I know that my eczema is "normal" eczema. I come from tropical and humid country and now I am staying in subtropical country. During last winter I have dermatitis/eczema around my skin, the dermatologist said I have hypersensitivity to the low humidity weather and this disorder will be disappeared by itself in summer, he only gave me topical steroid and vaseline and said I should not worry about this.

I am very afraid because I had read that generalized dermatitis could be sign of malignant disease such as lymphoma and I am very frustrated because my eczema is on and off and never really go away. I am afraid that my eczema will be still there even in summer. However, after I read your post I find some relief and I believe that my eczema will be better in summer.

Thank you very much

Last edited by ryu1977; 06-04-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wiredqs HB User

If it doesn't go away, you can have a patch test to find out what is causing the irritation. I found that I get a reaction to several ingredients that are in most lotions, so with avoidance it is slowly clearing up. I just havn't found a shampoo that I can use without gloves. It doesn't seem to bother my scalp, but both my hands and face break out....

Old 06-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #5
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

I got dermatitis, but maybe it is exema? my derm, I don't know seems a little dumb. It's always red in my nose folds and it's gotten better since I use just cold water to wash. It itches sometimes, but it's been getting a lot better. It's horrible what pro activ did to my skin, that's the worst junk on earth. It made my acne worst and it made me have so many skin issues it's not even funny.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
(female)

health15 HB User

I thought I would share the creams/moisturizers that I found help my skin the most. I use Vanicream on my body and have used it on my face at night without any breakouts.You can only buy it at the pharmacy. It has no fragrance, dyes, lanolin, and all of the other things that can irritate the skin. I use Eucerin dry skin therapy Plus intensive repair hand cream for my hands. It is too expensive to use on the body. For face moisturizer during the day I use Mary kay time wise cleanser with SPF, but they have discontinued this and the "new" formulas give me that burning feeling. So, I'm not sure what I will use on my face when I run out. It is very hard for me to find a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't burn a little when I put it on. I was using Cetaphil as a cleanser, but I think it might have been breaking me out, so I switched back to my Mary kay time wise cleanser at night, and St ives medicated scrub during the day. Hope this helps someone.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:21 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

Try oatmeal milk baths or goats milk soap, my friend swears by it for exema!

chatty

Old 06-06-2005, 07:00 AM   #8
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Chatty8484--Agreed with your suggestion they work wonders.
My goddaughter suffers from ezcema she has been on every cream on the market. Someone recommended unrefined shae butter mixed with almond oil --works wonder. Her skin has cleared up tremendously and this is the only thing that has been keeping her exzcema under control.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:32 AM   #9
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

Maybe that would help the redness with my dermatitis. The shae butter with almond oil. Where would you buy those at?

Closed Thread