It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 03:04 AM   #1
(male)

fowler HB User
To Green Tea Drinkers

How many cups of green tea do you drink daily?

Old 06-04-2005, 04:26 AM   #2
(female)

star59 HB User
Re: To Green Tea Drinkers

I drink 2, one in the morning and one at night. Decaf, with the juice of half a lemon squeezed into it... You get used to it, even to like it !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 07:06 AM   #3
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Yes, 2 to 3. If you can't handle the taste had a tbs. of honey or 1 pkg of Splenda. It helps.

Star59, do you have to use the bathroom more often after drinking green tea? I've noticed that 10 minutes afterwards I have to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I usually drink 1 cup a day. I do go to the bathroom more often after drinking it.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
(male)

mikegoons HB User

Anyone drink green tea while on accutane to better the results? Does it cause u to break out in the beginning?

Old 06-06-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Green tea will not make you break out. I drink 1 - 2 cups a day with the juice of half a lemon and some honey. For full health benefits, it's recommended that you need to drink 3 - 4 cups a day, but I just can't do that many - I'd have to camp out in the bathroom! lol

Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
(male)

OtakuBakA HB User

lol the only green tea i have drank is the Arizona ones, other than that i dont drink normal real herbal tea i think, i am not really positive about green tea curing your acne though or reducing it. sorry

Old 06-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
(male)

mikegoons HB User

thanks a lot, but anyone try this while on accutane to better the results?

Old 06-06-2005, 04:59 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Mike,

I started drinking green tea again while on accutane to combat a weak immune system. At my last derm apt, I am going into month 3, I have 0 cyst or pimples, my derm was amazed how well I had responded to the accutane in such a short period of time, since my acne was so severe I was prepared to be breaking out the entire 6 months. He asked my about my diet, etc and I told him about the green tea and trying to eat clean, and he said it has def made all the difference in my doing so well this soon into the treatment. So in short the green tea, biotin, and clean diet has very much helped me achieve really great results on accutane. Some one on the board said they take green tea supplements, and have had great results from that too, but I just can't down with taking another pill every day. So I will drink mine

Old 06-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
(female)

star59 HB User

Yes, I definitely have to go to the bathroom more frequently because of the green tea, I imagine... Just got thru a fairly bad break out, my newest tactic is cutting out coffee completely and just drinking the green tea (decaf). And I'm being faithful with the juice of a fresh lemon lemon every day added to my tea. I've been then just rubbing the lemon gently across my face, and I swear its fading the "ghosts of pimples past" red marks. I rinse with water after about 10 minutes. Gotta keep trying, gotta keep the faith, although
after 20 years of this, I'm getting slightly impatient, lol.

Closed Thread