It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 06:44 AM   #1
(male)

JoshH HB User
tetracycline or minocycline

i am gonna go to my doctor on monday to get me some medicine for my anxiety and i think i will ask him to write me a prescription for a antibiotic. which one should i get, minocycline or tetracycline? i used doxycycline before and it worked (it even cleared up some acne scars) but i used it for only the ten days that the doctor prescribed it for me. a few months later i went to the dermatologist and then got some more doxy but after i started taking it again it didnt work much. then it just stopped working on me period. its like i got immune to it. would taking tetracycline or minocycline be worth a try? thanks

Old 06-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
(male)

Equinoxx HB User
Re: tetracycline or minocycline

Acne scars don't go away from the use of an antibiootic. Trust me, if it were that easy a lot more people would be taking them. You probably just had some acne that was cleared up due to the drug. I've tried all 3 of the drugs you just mentioned and none of them worked for my acne. I had a doctor that was not-so-bright and he had me take minoclycline for a little over a year. This was before I knew that taking antibiotics for extended periods could make you become immune to the drug. All 3 of them seemed to work for about a week or so, but the effects stopped quickly after that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread