It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

indianacne HB User
yasmin users please reply

I have been on demulen (generic name zovia 35) for several years, at first it worked great but lately my face has been super greasy and I have had more problems with acne. My derm recommended changing to yasmin. Any luck with yasmin for acne? Any problems. Will I break out initially. Any problems with just switching right away?

Old 06-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: yasmin users please reply

i have been on yasmin about three months, with no side effects whatsoever. no nausea, breakouts, etc. good pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #3

latayy HB User

i have been on Yasmin for almost 2 years. I am pretty much in your situation. I'm going to my dermatologist soon to find a different pill that might help my skin. Yasmin helped a while ago but not anymore. I always break out the week before my period really bad. However, I know a lot of people have had success with Yasmin so it's worth a try. Sounds like we need to try swapping brands!!

Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I have been on Yasmin for 2 months and 1 week. I don't know if it's helping my skin or not. Alesse was doing better than this! But most people say it really starts to help in the 4th and 5th month. I hope this is true! Does anyone know how long it does take to see improvement??

Old 06-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
(female)

star59 HB User

This is my 4th month on Yasmin; I think it is helping, although I just got thru a break out that was as bad as ever. I'm going to hang in there for 6 months at least. No really bad side effects -- I lost 7 pounds, but I wasn't looking to lose weight. I think the spiro-like ingredient is a diuretic, and the weight just melted off of me. Slight headache in the beginning, a little moody and a lowered sex drive, but all those things have improved after my body got used to it. I would recommend it, it seems I read everywhere that Yasmin is great for acne... Let's hope

Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
(female)

annie723 HB User

i was on yasmin for 6 months and quit taking it because it was making me break out horribly and was not helping with my other pms symptoms such as cramps and head aches. previous to yasmin i always had clear skin. i talked to my doctor and she switched me to zovia and within the first month my skin cleared up. in my opinion yasmin was more of a pain than a help.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
(female)

Lizzie1980 HB User

Same here. I was on Yasmin for years, and the only time I ever developed cystic acne was when I was on Yasmin. I also noticed that Yasmin completely blocked all libido and sexual desire that I had previously. I got off of Yasmin, and off of bcps alltogether. Unfortunately, though, my cystic acne has persisted and I still have it. I would hope that it is not due to being on Yasmin.

Yasmin binds androgens in your body and blocks them - this is supposed to be good for acne, but it will also rob you of your sex drive. Be prepared for that. They say it is a rare side effect......but in my experience every woman has androgens and therefore every woman will find that Yasmin decreases their androgens.

L.

Closed Thread