It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

outdoorgirl HB User
Don't know what else to try

I'm new but I've had facial acne off and on for a few years now. It seems like it has gotten worse in the last 6 months or so. I've been on proactive for about a year I guess and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I was seeing a dermatologist for a few years and was on antibiotics and azelex and a bunch of other things that seemed to work after awhile but I really hate taking antibiotics. My skin was clear for a couple of years and but then it just started to come back and to get worse the last year. I've been on the birth control pill for about 8 years now and that doesn't seem to do anything. I just got some tea tree oil and am trying that. I am nervous about trying accutane and not knowing what it might do to my body down the road. I am so tired of trying to cover it up with makeup and having my skin look so bad. I keep trying to figure out what might be causing it to really flare up and the only thing that has really changed is that I started a different job and it is in a really humid environment so I'm wondering if that is making it worse? Does anyone else have any experience in humid places? I read the post about the neosporin cream so I think I might try that too. I'm desparate to find something. I can't really afford the prescription costs either if I go back to a dermatologist. The acne I used to have was small and less noticeable than what I have know. I have the cyst types ones as well as smaller white and blackheads...I have everything! I just recently started breaking out on my jawline too. I had only had it on my chin before and now it is pretty much all over my fave and neck. I don't know what else to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

tscorpio24 HB User
Re: Don't know what else to try

I understand where you are coming from. I have had acne for 14 years and it has gotten worse in the past couple years. I would really suggest thinking about accutane because I have heard so many people say it has given them their life back!! If you want something that has a 90% chance of clearing up your skin, accutane is the answer. I am hoping that the derm will put me on it this week!! I was afraid on going on accutane but then I had to ask myself what is worse....Not even caring about life at all b/c of my bad skin or having clear skin with a chance of temporary side effects while on accutane?? I'm choosing accutane!! Don't give up!! There is something you can do for your skin!!

Old 06-13-2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

About the humid environment thing -- I definitely think it brings out anything that is lurking in your skin! I'm usually not outdoors at all during the summer, but I just recently went to a bonfire outside. Before I left the house, I had these two "underground" cysts that had been on my chin for weeks and weren't doing ANYTHING.. just kinda laying there dormant. Well after a few hours around the bonfire, I could feel my cysts kinda feeling tingly (it was VERY humid out).. when I came home about five hours later, these two cysts that I never thought were going to go away were totally up to the surface, red, inflamed, and basically looking really disgusting.

Humidity causes some people to get really oily also, that could be another problem. Acne around the jawline and chin is usually do to stress and/or hormones.. perhaps this new job (along with the humidity) is stressing you out??

Old 06-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
(female)

victoria_smithe HB User

I can't recommend this enough to people, blood purifying tea is good. I sufer alot on my back and what's keeping it somewhat clear is Proactive's Clear Zone". I use their "skin lightning lotion" to remove the dark spots. Internally I just started on something called Lipodec. I didn't want to post yet cause I just started on it. So far so good though. I have not had a breakout or a side effect from it. I would recommend to cleans the blood first though.

Old 06-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
(female)

outdoorgirl HB User

Thanks for the replies everyone. My new job is great but the pay isn't so money is becoming an issue for me and my husband so I'm probably a little stressed from that.

victoria_smithe, what is blood purifying tea and where can you get it?

Closed Thread