It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #1

nm80 HB User
Acne/pimples on back of arm?

I am not sure if these are pimples or ance or whatever but I have small little bumps on the back of my arm (tricep) that are always there. I am sure you guys know what I am talking about..does anyone have advice for this? THANKS!!!

Last edited by nm80; 06-16-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

tracy0021 HB User
Re: Acne/pimples on back of arm?

hi nm80, i just went to the derm with my friend,and she has been getting what looks like pimples on her arms but they are smaller and red. anyway, i cant remember the long name the derm said(i keep forgetting to do a search on the net) but its not acne although she said its acne related(more common condition in people who deal with acne) and its the build up of dead skin cells around the hair follicle which becomes irritated. she said to exfoliate the skin really well in the shower with a loofah and then apply Amlactin 12% mousturizing cream. she gave us alot of sample packs of this cream, but told us to ask the pharmacist for it although you dont need a prescription to buy it. that was about 2 weeks ago, and tabbys arms look great. the derm also told us that this condition will keep coming back and you just have to do treatment again. it cleared up almost immediately. some of the bumps kinda looked like bugbites, and some looked more like small hard pimples, but they are all gone. hope this helps!

Last edited by tracy0021; 02-23-2006 at 02:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 07:50 PM   #3

nm80 HB User

Thanks for your reply! That sounds like what I am expierencing, so I just ask the pharmicist for "Amlactin 12% mousturizing cream"? Do you know if it comes back fast or about how long? Thanks.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
(male)

ChristopherLee HB User

I have that too.... I hate it .. its ugly.. and i have been unable to cure it or get it to go away that much... believe it or not.. tanning makes it almost non existant thats what works best for me..

Old 06-18-2005, 09:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

happyelf HB User

My GP told me it was hormonal--and that it's very common, mostly in women of childbearing years...He gave me "Metrogel" prescription but you have to use it 2 x daily, and it took it took 3 weeks to kick in--then it was fine. Tanning ws the only other thing that helped mine also, but for obvious reasons I'm going out to buy Amlactin 12%. Thanks for the question and the advice~!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:28 AM   #6
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

hi nm80, sorry it took so long to get back to you, went to florida for a few days.the derm said that it will come back off and on(she said her daughter has this also) and just do treatment again and it will pass quickly. as good as that cream feels though, tabby has been using it as her body mousturiser everyday, and it doesnt look greasy or anything. i was really impressed with how well her arms looked after a couple of days,( so right now my derm is getting much love from us, cant do no wrong,best person in the world, wont hear a bad word against her)lol. so have you bought and tried the amlactin yet? im curious how much it costs, because she gave us about 50 sample packs and they are not going to last forever. she also gave me 20 tubes of duac gel that equal 2 regular size tubes from the pharmacy. like i was saying, much love to the derm..

Old 06-20-2005, 07:31 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Hey, It could be Keratosis Pilaris, which is tiny bumps on the back of your arms (they could also be on your legs or butt). There is no cure for this (its not dangerous, just unsightly) but you can keep it under control...gently exfoliate the bumps with a scrub or with glycolic acid. Always moisturize because after all this is a dry skin condition.

You could try taking Flaxseed oil, which could help...I have KP and I just started taking Flaxseed oil..

Also getting some sun really helps (i would suggest natural sunlight as opposed to the beds)....If you get a tan that really helps to conceal the bumps and flatten them out.

Hope this helps

Old 06-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #8

nm80 HB User

How does tanning "flatten" the tiny bumps?

Old 06-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm80
How does tanning "flatten" the tiny bumps?

Thats a good question and I dont really have the answer for it. Maybe it burns them off or something. All I know is tanning helps

Old 06-21-2005, 02:28 AM   #10
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

hey xismy baby, thats it! thank you for reminding me the name of this. i knew if i heard it or seen it i would know it though. the derm did say one of the main characteristics of this was on the backs of the arms and top of legs, but not exclusively. i asked because my friend has them pretty much all over her arms, and the doc said her daughter has this condition too. she did say it was recurring and you would have to repeat treatment, the stuff she gave us feels like liquid silk, i havent felt anything like it before. im tempted to try it on my face!

Last edited by tracy0021; 02-23-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy0021
hey xismy baby, thats it! thank you for reminding me the name of this. i knew if i heard it or seen it i would know it though. the derm did say one of the main characteristics of this was on the backs of the arms and top of legs, but not exclusively. i asked because my daughter has them pretty much all over her arms, and the doc said her daughter has this condition too. she did say it was recurring and you would have to repeat treatment, the stuff she gave us feels like liquid silk, i havent felt anything like it before. im tempted to try it on my face!
Hey tracy, whats this liquid silk? has it been working for your daughter? I'd be willing to try it!!!!

Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 AM   #12
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

its the amlactin 12% cream i was talking about in the earlier post. it really has helped my friends arms clear up. she said to ask the pharmacist for it, that you dont need a prescriptionthough. i had never even heard of it until she gave us the sample packs and wrote the name out on a prescription piece of paper. she said her daughter has to use it too, but to first exfoliate really well with a loofah, then apply. 2 days later tabbys arms were clear. before we went to the derm, i had tabby putting mousturiser on her arms, and neosporin 1x a day, and nothing helped.

Last edited by tracy0021; 02-23-2006 at 02:04 AM.

Closed Thread