It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

fox22 HB User
cystic pimples on chin...help!

can anyone tell me about some good products to help get rid of the cystic pimples i have one my chin? i have about 3 big, deep, painful, red pimples on my chin. they always last for weeks too. also does anyone know how to prevent them, make them go away faster, minimize redness, any quick tricks etc. basically, just help me to clear my skin. p.s. i'm a female and already on birth control pills (yasmin), but i haven't seen great results. help!

Old 06-20-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
(male)

OtakuBakA HB User
Re: cystic pimples on chin...help!

an rx product...the fastest thing i can think of is to go to a doctor to purscribe you with benzol poroxide products. Other than that you can get coutner products such as neutrogena ones, and you should prbaly see a derm since your on birth control, watch for what you take.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

kittenkaboodle6 HB User

I had these two horrbile cysts on my chin that never totally went away after a year or so....they seemed to go away, but they'd explode every few months. I was just put on spiro, and that day, they almost completely dried up and I think they are finally gone forever. The derm said spiro particularly helps with acne around the chin area. Hopefully this would work for you (and I have seen no side effects and it's cheap!).

Old 06-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
(female)

portrgirl HB User

Kitten: I didn't think that Sprio permenantly helped hormonal acne. I thought that it worked as long as you took it and that's it. Do you think you grew out of it while you were on the Spiro? My acne sounds like it's beginning to do what yours did before the Spiro.

Fox: How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. It sounds like you have exactly what I have. I rarely get pimples anywhere, and when I do they're not bad or bothersome. I do get cystic acne on my chin. One to a few at a time. They last a while and then leave a colored mark. So annoying. I think it's getting better as I would get them all over my face when I was in my teens. I'm 21 now and hopefully, my hormones are changing? Who knows.

I'd try washing w/ a gentle cleanser, followed by a 2% salicylic acid pad and a layer of 5% benzoyl peroxide. Then moisturize w/ an oil-free, non-comedogenic, etc moisturizer. I feel the less in something, the better it works. Do this every morning and every night. Don't skip for any reason. I also realized that I was taking live Acidophilus pills and when I stopped those, my acne got worse.
Good luck!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
(female)

fox22 HB User

i'll be seventeen in a week, so i definetly still have 'raging hormones' but i'm on the BCP's so i thought that would help to calm it. i really can't say it's cleared up a lot. also i'm using the topical benzaclin treatment. i'm supposed to be using tazarac in the morning but it makes my face incredibly itchy and splotchy, i can't handle it so i don't use it. even though i only use the benzaclin at night, my face is still really sensitive and has been flaky and burning lately. ahhh! i just need to get rid of the cysts, i can handle the other stuff, just not the cysts!

Old 06-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #6
(female)

kittenkaboodle6 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by portrgirl
Kitten: I didn't think that Sprio permenantly helped hormonal acne. I thought that it worked as long as you took it and that's it. Do you think you grew out of it while you were on the Spiro? My acne sounds like it's beginning to do what yours did before the Spiro.
I was just put on spiro, so I don't know. I've heard that in some cases it does permanently change your acne, but even if I had to be on it for life, I'd probably do it because so far it's the only thing I have seen great results from. Also, I've always had weak thin hair that wouldn't grow and peeling nails, and now these show improvement as well! I would think that if it would work for you, you would realize fairly soon because I did, but then again, everyone is different.

Closed Thread