It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

runner4life123 HB User
what to use for extremely sensitive skin?

i have VERY sensitive skin and ive tried differin, avita, and tazorac cream... all of which made my skin red and flakey.. and if i dont put moisturizer on it gets REALLY flakey.. but im afraid my moisturizer is just making my acne worse.

any1 have advice 2 treat acne for some1 w/ very sensitive skin like mine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 AM   #2
(female)

tracy0021 HB User
Re: what to use for extremely sensitive skin?

hi runner, welcome to the boards! i too have extremely sensitive skin, and the only mousturiser i can safely use on my face is curel ultra healing mousturiser. the weird thing is that its not a facial mousturiser although it says on the bottle non comegenic, non acnegenic, etc. the routine i finally found that works for me is: clean and clear foaming facial cleanser for sensitive skin(although it does not foam) it is really good at removing makeup also,then i use use the loreal microdermabrasion kit scrub, it is an awesome exfoliator and doesnt have any soap or anything like that in it, basically just the silica particles to remove dead skin, then i swipe an oxy pad around my face to make sure it is clean and toned, then after my face has airdried i apply the curel, then a pea sized amount of retin-a micro(no more than that because it will dry you out like mad) . i do the same thing in the morning except i dont apply the retin-a. i was using differin gel at night but it was way to drying for my face, it would make my skin red and itchy and flaky. the retin-a micro does not do that at all. also i use almay with kiniten face makeup then set it with cornsilk loose face powder. 2 friends of mine that i actually had to give the makeup to in order for them to try it (because they are both to tight to spend the money lol)now totally love it and use it everyday. one of them had/has severe acne problems and it never occured to her that her makeup could have been causing alot of her problems also. to get to this routine though was a lot of trial and error( omg i could tell you some horror stories!) with all the different cleansers and face makeups and mousturisers and... well you get the idea. most people on these boards have gone through the exact same thing , so your not alone. good luck and i hope this helps you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
(male)

Tazorac kid HB User

Hi Runner:

Like you, I have VERY sensitive skin and I have tried all of the creams abovementioned!

The only moisturizer that works for me is MD Forte Facial Cream I. Donít be afraid of it. Although it has 15% glycolic acid, it will NOT burn your skin (after the first week or two) because the pH is rather neutral. The Facial cream comes in three levels.

Only use Facial Cream II (20% glycolic acid) after 6 months of Facial Cream I. Your skin, like mine, will need time to acclimate to it.

It has been 1.5 years since I started using MD Forte Facial Cream I, II, and Tazorac (0.1%). My face is A LOT clearer, now. Like 90%.

I REALLY hope this helps you out.

By the way: MD Forte is made by the same company as Tazorac, which is Allergan. MD Forte complements Tazorac, according to my dermatologist. It supposedly helps Tazorac penetrate the skin better.

I also recommend using a VERY gentle cleanser, such as Aquanil, while on Tazorac.

Good Luck! Ask if you any question.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:42 AM   #4
(male)

ihatethis HB User

i'm in the same boat as you also... I can't use Zineryt as it made my skin very dry as did PanOxl wash. I've just started (8 days ago) Doxycycline to clear me up. I've also just gone back to using Clindamycin Topical Solution morning and night as i find this is fine my sensitive skin.

I use Aqueious cream as a moisturizer...

Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #5
(female)

somersault HB User

I totally relate to dry, flakey, sensitive skin. I'm allergic to all face washes and all topical acne solutions. The last year I've not washed my face at all, just rinse it twice a day. And the last few weeks I've been having good results with Epidermx and Silkia Camellia oil. My clogged pores of dry skin and blackheads are rising to the surface with the Epidermx and now I can actually get some moisturizer in those pores with the camellia oil. I have a long way to go cause I'm a severe case...but I'm hopeful that in a few months I'll show real good improvement.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:36 AM   #6

joche HB User

Agree with the Silkia camellia oil. I use it and love it - it got rid of my frown lines and acne scar indentations. My Mom has extremely sensitive skin and the oil is literally one of a few things she can use without any problems. Her skin also looks better after using it.

Closed Thread