It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tiggerbuddy HB User
Small Itchy Red Spots on hands/wrists???!

Hi everyone...
I know this doesn't have to do with acne, but I thought someone might be able to help. (btw, I've been on doxy, retin-a, and otc for about 11 months if it makes a difference).

Yesterday, out of the blue, my hands started itching. Later in the evening, I noticed that I had a small pink/red rash of spots (not bumps- just spots) on my hands and wrists (perfectly symetrical on both left and right hands). Today it seems about the same-- not better, not worse.

This happened to me once before about 9 months ago. I was in hawaii, and the same thing happened in the same exact places. I went to the emergency room because the itching was so unbearable. I told the doc about my prescriptions (I thought that maybe it could have been related to the meds and the sun), but he thought it was probably just some weird allergic rxn, gave me a tiny tube of cream, and sent me on my way. The cream helped aleviate the itching, and the rash gradually went away over a week or 2.

Soooo, does anyone have any idea what this is? I really don't think it's related to the meds, but i could be wrong. does this sound like eczema??

Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
(male)

boboman HB User
Re: Small Itchy Red Spots on hands/wrists???!

I have them too ! They started about a year ago and I was told it was stress... It does seem that every time I have Multi Critical Issues going on I get the Spots and the iching.....
Like you I'd like to know better and where did these come from, possibly the food ?

So could it really be Nerves ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

kkassel HB User

i was thinking maybe eczema? Because I had the same thing on my neck and shoulders at one point...have your tried cortizone?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
(male)

boboman HB User

Yep I have tried Cortizone, no change. You must remember this comes and goes and is only on my hands....

Old 02-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
(female)

desiii HB User

I posted about this in another section here just a few weeks ago. I had a rash just like that about a month ago! No idea where it came from. I used prescribed cortizone (not the OTC stuff), and it went away pretty fast. The dr. had no clue why I got the rash. It seemed just like heat rash, execept that it's the middle of winter, so that made no sense. Probably an allergy of some sort. Weird anyway!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
(male)

boboman HB User

Just Like Peachy 420 Said, if anyone speaks to someone with the same problem direct them here...
Thanks

Old 02-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
(male)

xghostsniperx HB User

I had this too! My doctor gave me a cream to make it go away, and I use it if they come back.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

tiggerbuddy HB User

Hi all...
I can't believe my post from 2005 made it back! Just an update on me-- I haven't had any new rashes since the one in 2005. I'm guessing it must have been an allergic reaction, but it's SO weird why it was just localized to certain parts of my hands, and wrists. The cream that the doc gave me was a steroid cream, and it TOTALLY helped relieve the itching and make the rash go away faster. I'd definitely recommend anyone with this to see a doc to get a prescription cream, or if that's not an option, at least get some hydrocortisone cream from the drug store.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
(female)

jlv HB User

I have had the same problem for years, and it is sun rash. If it only occurs during spring and summer time, even with very small amounts of sun exposure, then it may be the same for you. I will get them just walking through a parking lot to my car. It is most common in people who have very fair skin, but I have more of a medium yellow tone and I get it too. Only protection is clothing or a good sunscreen.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
(female)

perryhenry4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbuddy View Post
Hi everyone...
I know this doesn't have to do with acne, but I thought someone might be able to help. (btw, I've been on doxy, retin-a, and otc for about 11 months if it makes a difference).

Yesterday, out of the blue, my hands started itching. Later in the evening, I noticed that I had a small pink/red rash of spots (not bumps- just spots) on my hands and wrists (perfectly symetrical on both left and right hands). Today it seems about the same-- not better, not worse.

This happened to me once before about 9 months ago. I was in hawaii, and the same thing happened in the same exact places. I went to the emergency room because the itching was so unbearable. I told the doc about my prescriptions (I thought that maybe it could have been related to the meds and the sun), but he thought it was probably just some weird allergic rxn, gave me a tiny tube of cream, and sent me on my way. The cream helped aleviate the itching, and the rash gradually went away over a week or 2.

Soooo, does anyone have any idea what this is? I really don't think it's related to the meds, but i could be wrong. does this sound like eczema??

Any help would be much appreciated!
Dear Itchy Palms,
I to have these spots. They are flat on my palms and wrists. Some itch and some get sore. If they get on the backs of my hands or on my fingers they are like blisters. The itching so intense. The doctors gave me steroid cream for allerfic reaction but it didn't help. Finally we figured out that it is work related but still if it was an allergic reaction then the cream should have helped. Now we think that it is stress related. I have started working out and I find tha they are not showing up as frequently. I hope this helps you in some way. Good luck!
Amanda

Closed Thread