It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Anyone tried...LEAVING THE *$@# ALONE?!

People people...why do you think you need this crap to cure your acne. You didn't need it before, so why would your face need all these chemicals now?

It doesn't, but these companies want you to think you need them to fix acne. Ill tell you the best thing you can do for acne is not squeeze any blemishes. Treat your face as you did before you had acne, you didn't pay any attention to it other than normal washing in shower.

You people constantly wash your face and mess with it. Then you wonder why you have so much oil..Well if you fight your face, its gonna fight you right back. The more oil you take off, the more oil its gonna make. Over production of oil is your cause most likely.

For me, male, it was hormones. Although i didn't get acne till i was 18, now 22 its 100% clear. Im telling you i went through it all, 5-8 active cysts on my face at a time, along with normal inflamed pimples.

Ill tell you, acne = inflammation, squeezing = inflammation, cysts = inflamed pimples. It is a cycle you have to work through. Only your body knows when your done with acne. Squeezing is making it worse than you can believe. Ive heard that many of times when i had acne.

But hears what your thinking..."Id rather have a redmark on my face than this whitehead" I guarantee thats what your thinking, and its become so much of a habit, you don't realize your doing it. I bet you've even got good at popping pimples. Man i was the best, i could get all the gunk out, without any blood or pressure.

However, this is still causing problems under the skin, and bacteria to get in, no matter how well you take care of it. I know no ones gonna listen to this post, as i have posted better posts than this and no one listens. Everyone wants to buy somthing to make it go away, well it doesn't work like that...But of course celebrities and tv is gonna tell you otherwise...when are you gonna grow up?

Life is about money, and they make thousands, even tens of thousands to say these acne products work for them. (Would you not do the same if you khad the opportunity?) You people need to stop paying attention to celebs, you worship them too much. OMG if i used proactive id have skin like jessica simpson...lmao. Im sure shes spent several hundreds of dollars, maybe thousands to fix her "acne" if it was even anything like we know to be acne.

Heres the best way to get clear.

Stop popping, squeezing, and picking. No matter what, even if you have several whiteheads (even big ones) at a time. This will pass. It might take like two months or so as it did me. But after the acne is gone, who rememebers it? No one does. I spent 3 yrs depressed, crazy, and emotionally jacked. Now....no acne...no worries. Ive learned so much, if anything people will tell you how good your face looks when its gone.

If they comment on how bad it is (empathetically ignorant people) they will tell you how good your face looks when your acne is gone. Learn to not be judged. 2 months without popping and your face will clear a lot, i guarantee...maybe even rid you of cystic acne, if you khave that.

2 months..walk around with your whiteheads, stop looking at the ****ing mirror, stop giving a **** what people think and say. 3 months later when your acne is gone, they won't remember those days. You will, and will have grown from those days.

Most people don't understand TIME. 3 months is nothing, 70 yrs of living is NOTHING is the big scheme of things. Thats like a snap of a finger, probably faster than that. Don't get caught up with the depressions/anxieties that life has with it, its all to hold you down. Use acne as a stairstep to grow faster, and smarter than average beings.

LoL...that might sound weird, or like im a dork or somthing. I'm telling you, treat acne as a growth experience and you can't go wrong...

Again, stop popping. Stop using harsh chemicals. Wash two times a day. Don't expect fast improvement, it comes, just wait...you have to undo the crap youve done to your face. Eat healthy, at least avoid your problem foods.

Most acne is because of us. It starts as hormones, then is prolonged because we pop and squeeze. No telling how many of you would not even have a blemish now if you'da never popped a pimple. You cause the inflammation, you cause the big whiteheads, you cause the scarring.

Any pimples i get now, come to a little whitehead, then fade in the same day..and its rare to even get any at all...and that was going from 8-12 active pimples, to 5-8 active cysts with pimples, then to 5-7 pimples, and now to nothing...everything works in cycles...go with the flow.

The more you fight, the harder it is.

Good Luck...long *** post won't even get read...lol...sigh..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User
Re: Anyone tried...LEAVING THE *$@# ALONE?!

Very good post, yes I read the whole thing. I agree fully, its just so SO HARD not to think about your face. Its also hard to not look into the mirror, I mean when there is one in the bathroom its hard to ignore it. I just stoped picking yesterday, so im hoping it will change. Im happy for you but you know its hard for everybody to just stop thinking about it. To tell you the truth, Ive never takin any harsh chemicals in my life besides a couple OTC stuff and proactive (f'in s*** didnt work) I cant swallow pills at all so thats good for me I think. In my opinion the best thing to do to get rid of acne is to have a really good diet with variety, and to have no stress, which is almost impossible if you have acne.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #3

SparkZ HB User

I read it and have tried it in the past. I didn't touch my face except to washit for 6 months when I was like 18. I left all the white heads and crap the way they were. They took 5 times as long to heal and my skin never cleared. Not everything works for everyone.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jellybean321 HB User

Same here! But I do agree with you. I think popping zits is totally disguisting and I would never ever do it. It completely grosses me out when people do it right in front of me and in my car! I have never indulged in that sort of thing, but I can't seeing that helping me. But you're also right about just leaving it alone. That's what I am trying to do. I stopped caring, I will eat anything I want even if it's a big chocalty brownie, I'll keep wearing makeup because not wearing it hasn't helped me either.

I guess I'm just 'riding it out' and it helps me feel so much better. What acne?????

Old 07-01-2005, 04:13 AM   #5
(male)

Pilky HB User

Congradulations you have found the cure for acne!

I think your generalizing to much and thinking what worked for you is gonna work for everyone else. Not that i'm not agreeing with you that popping pimples is bad, but you just make it sound like its gonna cure everyones acne and you say it in a tone like everyone is dumb on top of it. You said you were 18 when you started getting acne, your 22 now. Sounds to me like you just grew out of it like most people and now think you have found the cure.

Last edited by Pilky; 07-01-2005 at 04:15 AM.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

I agree that using harsh things on your skin isnt good! Everyone says "DONT POP YOUR PIMPLES!!" and I agree yet disagree (if I pop a pimple or leave it, it still leaves a mark (if its on my chin)).

You have the right ideas and this might work for others but some people who have severe acne (i dont) might not be as lucky.

good points though

Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #7
(male)

primo1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwgoodguy
But hears what your thinking..."Id rather have a redmark on my face than this whitehead" I guarantee thats what your thinking, and its become so much of a habit, you don't realize your doing it. I bet you've even got good at popping pimples. Man i was the best, i could get all the gunk out, without any blood or pressure.

Stop popping, squeezing, and picking. No matter what, even if you have several whiteheads (even big ones) at a time. This will pass. It might take like two months or so as it did me. But after the acne is gone, who rememebers it? No one does. I spent 3 yrs depressed, crazy, and emotionally jacked. Now....no acne...no worries. Ive learned so much, if anything people will tell you how good your face looks when its gone.
keep these in mind people. i very much agree with this. and i got my own experience. again, remember what he said.

good post btw. i agree every word you said.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

I kind of agree with you on that. Acne is the result of whats going on in your body, whether it be hormones, bad diet, stress whatever, its all about whats going on in the body. So these "Proactiv" or whatever products dont really work. I actually really agree with you, but then at the same time....I dont know what its like to have REALLY bad acne so I can make judgements about how other people treat their skin. But I reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllly do think a Nautropath is the best way to treat skin, not a beautician.

Old 07-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Again, i never said this is a cure. However it IS for everyone, mainly the not squeezing. Much of the acne you get is from past times of squeezing the bacteria down further. This is why you start getting more red and inflamed pimples and even cysts.

Now im not saying all products are useless, but anything "made" for acne, is usually bs. This is a HUGE market, and they've got tv and celebs telling you what works. And this stuff actually can prolong your acne, causing unessessary irritation to the skin, even after you might have "grown out of it, or stopped eating irritant foods."

Clean your intestines, via a bacteria killer (doxycycline **AWESOME**), or take some bowel cleansing pills. This removes all bacteria, then replace your body with good stuff, called "PROBIOTICS".

Everything effects hormones, even different foods, each different per person. Mine was cheese (melted mostly), peanut butter was real bad, and any kind of tv dinner with hydrogenated oils (all of them).

Now my intestines are clean, and replenished, i can eat those things.

But anyways, not popping will help every single person, no matter if your still gonna have acne, its not gonna be as bad. However i know how hard it is on you emotionally with whiteheads all over your face. But you have to ignore people, even when you see people stare at your face. Now that my acne is gone, no one looks anywhere but my eyes and i might get a compliment sometimes.

Trust me, once its gone, its forgotten. No ones gonna say "remember his/her face with all the whiteheads, his/her face is clear now, but i wouldn't date him/her now, because of their face then.) LOL..or any other dumb **** like that.

Anyways..good luck..don't get caught up with trying too much crap.
Or overwashing, wash twice a day, dont pop, and STOP LOOKING IN MIRROR. You didn't pay this much attention to your face when you didn't have acne, do you think your face wants all this attention now? :P

Again..i never said this is a cure..i said this will work for everyone, and might even cure a few, who are in the cycle of of acne due to irritation, over washing, or squeezing all that bacteria back down to cause more problems later.

GG

Old 07-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #10
(male)

Gene123 HB User

Here is the ultimate Cure.

Dont ever touch your face. If you have oily skin very very gently with a tissue paper wipe your face now and then. Take a bath twice a day (Not more than that) and use dove soap (DO NOT USE ANY SCENTED SOAP) Wash your hair with Head and Shoulders every day. When wiping your face and body after taking a bath just gently pat down your face and body instead of rubbing it with a towel. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. Sleep on your back dont rub your face in your pillow. Wash your bed sheets and clothes often. Do some kind of physical activity everyday for 30 min to an hour. Try to be as stress free as you can.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I have acne on my back and I didnt have it until I was 18 and I havent messed with it for quite some time and I still get blemishes on my back and it drives me crazy I dont pick them and they stay for almost a week sometimes I get more then one. So not touching it isnt the complete answer to being acne free...

I still get pimples from time to time on my face but I am using something called klaron and its the best product i have ever used. my face looks really good now. I didnt use it for about 3 or 4 days and I did end up with a couple pimples....i started using it righta way just like i was before and it's clearing up nice again. I'll stand by that stuff...

Old 07-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

Bacteria, schmacteria.
I had acne for 35 years and tried everything -- natural, chemical, homeopathic, prescription, ignoring.
When a doctor put me on spironolactone (blocks specific hormones), it cleared up. I still can't resist picking at mosquito bites or anything else. It's a mental disorder. But I don't have acne anymore.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:07 AM   #13
(female)

danadaze HB User

very interesting. Im glad that worked for you. Most people just don't have the guts to do that. We want the quick fixes. But you are right there are no quick fixes and the acne product people just want to make money and they do big time.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I think that if your a strong enough person to leave it alone and have bad acne thats all the power to you. I am just like you my acne is hormonal and i choose to fight it as much as possible instead of give up. It's really the only thing that makes me unhappy and the only real problem in my life and instead of trying to forget about it i try to conquer it. I don't know i wish i had the self esteem to not care but quite frankly when you look so different from everyone else and every stares at you like that it's just not that easy

Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousperson
Bacteria, schmacteria.
I had acne for 35 years and tried everything -- natural, chemical, homeopathic, prescription, ignoring.
When a doctor put me on spironolactone (blocks specific hormones), it cleared up. I still can't resist picking at mosquito bites or anything else. It's a mental disorder. But I don't have acne anymore.
are you male or female?

Closed Thread