It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #1
(female)

hellokitty73 HB User
i've tried it all...any idea's

I am 31 years old and can't seem to get rid of acne...i've been on accutane...rentn-A micro....pills....proactive....you name it i've probably tried it. Does anbody know a miracle way of getting rid of acne???? I'm so frustrated I can't stand it.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:22 AM   #2
(female)

realsad HB User
Re: i've tried it all...any idea's

have any of the things you've used in the past helped at all? when you say pills do you mean oral contraceptives? and if so what kind of birth control pills have you used?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 05:27 AM   #3
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

have you considered laser treatment, or blue light?

Old 07-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Have you tried Spironolactone? Spectra? Many people say Spectra is their miracle drug. If you've tried those without success, I would say go for Accutane...it was MY miracle!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hello kitty, have you tried the lemon juice thing? sounds hokey, but works for a lot of people. good luck! i'm 31 too, and it's so awful to be a grownup and have acne, isn't it? makes it feel so much worse. accutane has worked for me, though not w/out it's price.

the lemon juice helped me a bit during my very severe "initial breakout" you might give it a try. best of luck to you! ali

Old 07-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
(female)

jamilcp HB User

hellokitty-
i've struggled with acne for about 9 years now. i've never had really bad acne just the persistent mild to moderate acne. i stopped taking bc pills about 8 months ago and my skin just went crazy, i mean i could not clear my skin up no matter what i tried. i scoured these boards looking for something, i tried the b5 thing and it didn't work, i got a prescription for clindamycin (topical) and no luck either, the list goes on and on. well i felt like i was at my wits end, i wouldn't go out in public and i was getting depressed. i read this book called acne rx by dr. james fulton (he is the derm who co-discovered retin-a and benzoyl peroxide) anyways it is by far the best acne book i have ever read. so i decided to buy his kit for acne skin. i started using it 3 weeks ago and i can't tell you what a difference i see in my skin. it took about 2 1/2 weeks before i really saw any changes but this past week my skin is looking better than it ever has. i'm extatic and i can't wait for 2 months to come since that is how long he says it usually takes to really see dramatic results. here is basically the regimne i have been doing:

am & pm are the same except for using the sunscreen
wash with bp 2.5% cleanser
follow with a toner that contains glycolic, salicylic & lactic acids
ICE SKIN FOR 3-5 MINUTES-THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
apply his treatment gel which consists of Vitamin-A, Glycolic & Lactic acids
apply sunscreen

anyways i hope this helps it is by far the best line of products that i have ever used, and believe me i have tried just about everything! His skin care line is called Vivant if you are interested in it. also check if your library has the book because it really is informative. good luck to you!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #7
(female)

hellokitty73 HB User

what is the lemon juice thing....how does it work?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
(female)

hellokitty73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilcp
hellokitty-
i've struggled with acne for about 9 years now. i've never had really bad acne just the persistent mild to moderate acne. i stopped taking bc pills about 8 months ago and my skin just went crazy, i mean i could not clear my skin up no matter what i tried. i scoured these boards looking for something, i tried the b5 thing and it didn't work, i got a prescription for clindamycin (topical) and no luck either, the list goes on and on. well i felt like i was at my wits end, i wouldn't go out in public and i was getting depressed. i read this book called acne rx by dr. james fulton (he is the derm who co-discovered retin-a and benzoyl peroxide) anyways it is by far the best acne book i have ever read. so i decided to buy his kit for acne skin. i started using it 3 weeks ago and i can't tell you what a difference i see in my skin. it took about 2 1/2 weeks before i really saw any changes but this past week my skin is looking better than it ever has. i'm extatic and i can't wait for 2 months to come since that is how long he says it usually takes to really see dramatic results. here is basically the regimne i have been doing:

am & pm are the same except for using the sunscreen
wash with bp 2.5% cleanser
follow with a toner that contains glycolic, salicylic & lactic acids
ICE SKIN FOR 3-5 MINUTES-THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
apply his treatment gel which consists of Vitamin-A, Glycolic & Lactic acids
apply sunscreen

anyways i hope this helps it is by far the best line of products that i have ever used, and believe me i have tried just about everything! His skin care line is called Vivant if you are interested in it. also check if your library has the book because it really is informative. good luck to you!
thanks, i'm gonna get the book!

Old 07-17-2005, 07:35 AM   #9
(female)

bahamagirl HB User

Hi
It seems like uve been on everything! Have u tried stopping allll of those harsh products and using something natural?

It sounds as tho ur acne is NOT a surface problem so u need to stop using anything harsh on ur skin. Its coming from something wrong from the inside...so try treating it that way only.

Lush *(www.REMOVED - please do not post commercial websites - use the product name only)* do a great soap (soap free) called 'fresh farmacy' that cleared my skin up alot. I moved country so cant buy in anymore

Also...have u tried milk thistle? This may sound dumb but maybe u have something wrong with ur liver..this may help alot.

Also u can try drinking AND taking green tea capsules. Plus everning primrose oil. And i drink a pint of lemon juice and honey mixed with water every day. This will clean out ur blood and get any toxins from ur body which u obviously have.

Also...my doctor gave me a herbal product called beta sitosterol to take.

U can also try detoxing.....

None of these might work but its worth a try..they are all pretty cheap and easy to get a hold of and have helped tons of people.

Hope i was a little help

Last edited by moderator2; 07-17-2005 at 07:53 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - no websites

Old 07-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hello kitty, type in "lemon juice" in the board search, it'll come right up. basically, you just squeeze the juice of a lemon or two into a liter of water, drink all the water in the course of your day and do that every day.

i concentrate mine, and squeeze 1/2 a lemon at a time into a cup of green tea and add about a ton of honey (not recommended, but just try to keep me from it!), repeat with the other half a lemon. i only use one lemon a day, and not even every day, just when i sorta feel acne-ish. you probably know what i'm talking about, like if you've had some soda, or some other trigger, or just feel oilier than usual, or can start to feel a pimple coming on. then i'll do that for a coupla days, and nothing will come of my acne-ish feeling. nowadays i take my leetle mix and pour it over ice cuz it is soooo hot out!!!

Closed Thread