It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

bahamagirl HB User
Question fresh lemon juice or from a bottle?????

A teacher told me that she drinks lemon juice and honey every day and it cleared her skin.
So i started it and ive been using bottled lemon juice....does anyone else use this? It doesnt seem to be working and im thinkin maybe its coz if this.
I tried fresh lemon one day and it took me forever coz i didnt have one of those squeezy things and so all i could get out was 1cm of juice

Any replies would be great!

Old 07-22-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
Re: fresh lemon juice or from a bottle?????

Yes, you need to use fresh lemon juice!!!! Also, invest in a lemon juicer. I did, for about $12.00 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (but I'm sure you can get it at any home store). I get sooooo much more juice out of one lemon, and it makes squeezing the lemon effortless! But yes, buy real lemons.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #3

geraw HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie4u22
Yes, you need to use fresh lemon juice!!!! Also, invest in a lemon juicer. I did, for about $12.00 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (but I'm sure you can get it at any home store). I get sooooo much more juice out of one lemon, and it makes squeezing the lemon effortless! But yes, buy real lemons.
Cassie,do you mean that the bottled lemon juice doesn't work for clearing face?

Old 07-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

bahama girl, you do have to use fresh lemons. you can get a citrus reamer at target for about 4 bucks, gets all the juice, and the pulp too, if you want it. i also got a little strainer that fits right over my cup and catches all the seeds and pulpy stuff. works very nicely.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #5
(female)

Erica in IL HB User

The bottled lemon juice is more than just juice. I don't have a bottle here to give ingredients, but it will need some kind of preservative to make it shelf stable. Plus the longer it sits on the shelf, the more the vitamins and other goodies will deteriorate.

Erica

Old 07-24-2005, 04:37 AM   #6
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

Tip - If you heat the lemon in the microwave for 10 or 20 seconds you will find you get tonnes more juice from the lemon.

AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 07-24-2005, 07:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Hi Liz,

Here is what I do with my green tea: Fill a cup with water, place one tea bag in the cup, then heat it up in the microwave for about two minutes (I like to get it VERY hot!) Then I let it sit in the microwave for about 5-10 minutes. After that, take it out and with a spoon, gently press the tea bag to the side of the cup - this will furth release all that green tea goodness! lol. If you don't like the taste of green tea, I have found that squeezing half a lemon with it almost completely takes away that green tea taste. It then tastes just like hot lemon water. So if you prefer the taste of lemon water over green tea, I would suggest doing that.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #8

kittikat HB User

I drink a bottle of water with two tablespoons of Organic Lemon Juice that comes in a jar. I get it at a health food store in my area. It is pure Lemon Juice without preservatives. Works well for me and not as messy or time consuming. I am sticking to this routine better than when I had to squeeze a lemon every morning and night. What a hassle!!!

Old 07-25-2005, 11:07 AM   #9
(female)

wonder84 HB User

I have a question? for the people who say to use fresh lemons- do you put the lemon juice in water, or just drink the lemon juice? I have never heard of this before! let me know, so that i can try it.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
(female)

amo HB User

I put the juice of one half of a lemon in hot water first thing in the morning, before breakfast. I drink the other half either mid-day or at night. Sometimes in hot water or green tea, or sometimes in plain water. I never drink it on it's own.
I've noticed a mellowing of my acne since I started doing this. Plus it's good for your system (liver and such).

Old 07-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #11
(female)

wonder84 HB User

ok, so it would be ok if i drink it with water trhoughout the day then, right?

Old 07-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
(female)

amo HB User

Yes. In fact, I have read on other threads that it can be more benefical to drink it through out the day as opposed to all at once (or even twice a day. I guess that because the lemon juice can be so cleansing, if you spread it out, your body isn't trying to process the release of toxins all at once (often done thru the skin). This is my understanding, but I am by no means an expert on the subject.
enjoy!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #13
(female)

LDP HB User

I bought a hand juicer to juice lemons for this, and I was just wanting to make sure that I am getting enough juice out of them. When I juice one, there is not very much in the glass, is this how it is for all of you? I am new at this, so I just want to make sure I am drinking enough that it might be able to help!

Old 07-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #14
(female)

amo HB User

Yeah, a lemon (even a really juicy one) doesn't produce a ton of juice. I do half a lemon at a time, and it is a pretty small amount from half a lemon, maybe 1.5 - 2 tablespoons (that is a guess-timate). If I am taking a lemon directly from the fridge, I microwave it for 20 sec. (per accutane avengers advice) and it does seem to produce more juice. I don't know why. Also, accutane avenger started a great thread about this subject awhile ago. If you're interested....

Old 07-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #15
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

btw, all this stuff may be good for your face but its bad for your teeth!
for those of y ou prone to cavities or already have some, please drink thru a straw or rinse your mouth out with water and baking soda (soda is alkaline) to get rid of the acid.there is nothing worse than lemon juice to erode your teeth, its even worse than soda esp with sugar. I was watching a dentist on a daytime morning show discuss this-out of all the soft drinks she placed on the table she said the lemonade was the worst one. as a lemonade lover myself , i have noitced this. also, my boss from work says that contrary to what you might think, lemon juice makes your teeth yellower not whiter, (and he is greek, they use tons of lemon, so he should know!)

Last edited by stasia12; 07-26-2005 at 12:58 PM.

Closed Thread