It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

~charlotte08~ HB User
What hurtful things do people say about your face?

There are lots of things some people say about my face that really hurts my feelings and bring me down. Example, I was minding my own business when this boy out of no where yells" Those look like goosebumps" or when some girls told me that guys would think I'm a monster. Some people call me "Connect the Dots" or "Pimple Freak" or "Pimple face." They've even told me that I need to take care of my skin! I do take care of my face! The pimples just keep showing up. What about yall? Any hurtful things people have told yall?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2005, 06:49 PM   #2

replay57 HB User
Re: What hurtful things do people say about your face?

"what happened to ur face?"

"WOW U HAVE A LOT OF PIMPLES" *stares intently*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

My now ex-best friend used to always say, "oh, what's that on your face?" and then point to a big cyst. She would act all innocent too, like she 'really didn't know what it was.' She would do this in front of large groups of people also. This same girl's mom once told me, "OH!! WOW! Your skin looks just HORRIBLE in this lighting!" (We were at the mall.) Just thinking about that comment YEARS later makes me get a lump in my throat! It is AMAZING how insensitive people are!!!!!!!!

I've had people in the past ask me "why do you wear so much makeup?!" Or I used to have people tell me, "Your makeup looks really gross."

Seriously, it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about people that are so ignorant and insensitive. We all need to just pray for these people, they are obviously very insecure about themselves to say such rude comments!

Last edited by Guardian; 07-23-2005 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Please do not respond to rude posts. Use the report post button

Old 07-22-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

When I had really bad cysts, people would be so rude and point to them and say, "What's that on your face?" or "That looks painful, why don't you do something to get rid of it?" As if I want it there because I think it looks good! God, people have said some stupid things.

Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
(female)

jazmella HB User

LOL@Boston Girl, "As if I want it there because I think it looks good!"

That's exactly it!

"You know you've got a zit, right?"

UGH! NO **** SHERLOCK!!

Some people are so insensitive! It ticks me off to no extent.

Last edited by jazmella; 07-22-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #6
(female)

TLynn HB User

Nobody other than my family has actually said anything hurtful.But my parents will tell me " You know your face looks really bad." and I am like " Thanks like I did not already know that." I mean I do look in the mirror and I know that my face does not look good , but I dont need anyone pointing it out to me. I know that its just my chin that breaks out horribly , but if that would clear up I think my face would look pretty good. I know that my parents love me , but I think that they say that stuff before they realize that it hurts my feelings.
Anyway I hope everyone here keeps a positive outlook , because someday we will all be clear.

Tammy

Last edited by TLynn; 07-23-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Nobody has really ever said anything mean to me so I guess I'm pretty lucky! But I am 21 and most people are at the age that they know not to be immature and say rude things. One time my aunt said "I never wore that much make up when I was her age." But it didn't bother me too much because I have always worn alot of make-up! I have only had acne for about a year and it isn't too bad. But what people say behind my back is what worries me more than anything!

Last edited by babygirl2005_21; 07-23-2005 at 10:34 AM.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmella
LOL@Boston Girl, "As if I want it there because I think it looks good!"

That's exactly it!

"You know you've got a zit, right?"

UGH! NO **** SHERLOCK!!

Some people are so insensitive! It ticks me off to no extent.
I love when people would ask if I knew I had a zit too. Now that I no longer break out, people who I haven't seen in a while now say to me, "I'm so glad you did something to fix your face!" The ignorance never ends!

Old 07-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #9
(female)

dceptiveophelia HB User

People can be so mean! When I was about 12, a group of "friends" were talking about makeup. I showed them some concealer I had, and told them I'd started using it recently. One of the girls was like, "Why don't you just wash your face?" The tone of her voice was so rude and insensitive, and it really hurt at the time. I still remember it clearly eleven years later! My skin has always made me paranoid. Like, if people walk by me laughing or saying some sort of mean things, I tend to think it's about me. I was in a store and I heard these girls looking my way and saying, "That girl looks like a monster!" I was so sure they were talking about me and I wanted to run away. But my friend came and told me they were just being ghetto and were talking about some girl they knew.
People always think I'm 16/17, and I have to wonder if it's because of my acne.
I've healed from the mean comments people said when I was younger, but my self esteem is still quite low.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #10

YumYumPieee HB User

sigh, I remember when I was in middle school some boy in my spanish class would call me "shiny face" in front of everybody, and I even have been called zit face. Even though I am in High School now ( and haven't received a lot of negative comments ) I have very low self-esteem and cant bear to look people straight in the eye. Last year I would cover up my face with my hair and some guy said I probly do that to cover up my zits, which is true but it hurt so bad! Why are people so mean and superficial!!!!!! I even hate when I hangout with my friends and they complain about how zitty they are! when in reality they only have like only one tiny zit.. ugh!!!!

Old 07-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #11
(male)

skyguy HB User

I never had bad acne on my face, at least not as nearly as bad as I have seen, and I don't have a lot of obvious pot marks, but quite a few well faded red marks. With that in mind, I have only been told my face was bad all broken out by my parents. You'd think your own parents would know it's doesn't make you feel absolutely wonderful to be reminded you've got bad akin. Don't they know you see your own face in the mirror everyday?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #12
(female)

Dagsy HB User

Hmmm...where to begin...I've only had acne for like, 17 years or so. I heard the standard "zit face", there was "Oxycute 'em!" and one particularly annoying guy who would sing, "connect the dots...la la la la..." ugh. "you must eat a lot of chocolate." sheesh...just the other week, i went to a dermatologist who noticed the scarring on my cheeks (from cystic acne several years ago) and told me to "stop picking at it". Hello. I don't have this scarring because I "pick", I have this scarring because I am genetically cursed and have acne that has been resistant to everything, including 3 courses of Accutane.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #13
(male)

ihatethis HB User

People can be very horrible. Its bad enough feeling insecure and upset when you look in the mirror in the morning but to then have it pointed out and be teased about it on top of that is absolutely terrible. Those people really don't know what damage they're doing.

My best advice would be, look at it this way... Yeah, you have skin issues but at least you don't have to go through life being an insensitive, ignorant, rude loser which is exactly what everyone thinks or will eventually think of someone that intentionally hurts and upsets others.

Remember they don't have any real friends. They have to say/do the horrible things they do to gain points. They will eventually be alone.

Stay strong. You have a lot more to offer than those losers.

Last edited by ihatethis; 07-28-2005 at 11:02 AM.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM   #14
(female)

mommyandwifee HB User

I've heard a few obnoxious comments myself and people never cease to amaze. I consider myself lucky that I have natural beauty that could stand-out enough to overshine my face, enabling me to be able to have alot of friends and boyfriends in my day. Although even friends and boyfriends could get on my nerves. (Boyfriends): "Oh I used to break-out really bad!" Really?! Well, that just makes me feel so much better now that I know that you did. Is that our sad common ground?!! And if they did, then you'll never know because they have no scars or signs of it now!! And friends: "You would be so much prettier if you're face would clear-up!" I can't believe that I would've never thought that myself if they hadn't told me I'd look better! I was reeeaally starting to think that maybe my skin type would come in-style because it looked so good that instead of wearing make-up to hide flaws everyone would buy make-up to make them!!!! GEEEEEZ!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 12:53 AM   #15
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User

quote"someday ur just going to be one big pimple"

Closed Thread