It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2005, 02:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Which acne products worked for you?

I need help finding a acne product becuase there's so many and I don't know which one works or not. So please, If anyone here reading this has used any of these and worked for you please let me know. I'm looking for one that will clear my acne and all the redness in my face also known as rosacea. I'm looking at buy one of these that seemed good to me on tv:

Clearasil
Neutrogena
Proactive
Murad| Acne Complex

Please, if anyone has used any of these or know anything about them please let me know which one works best. Thanks.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
(male)

littledaga HB User
Re: Which acne products worked for you?

I use every night Benzoyl Peroxide Hydrogel 5% PCH, I only use a small amount on my face and thats it, I wouldn't use this during the day as it bleaches cloths, and I like to not put anything on my face during the day. I havn't tried any of the other products.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2005, 02:58 AM   #3
Inactive

Takara HB User

Hibiclens cleanser works great for me.

Last edited by Takara; 07-24-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Old 07-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #4
(female)

jamilcp HB User

in my opinion none of those products works. i have used proactive and murad within the past year and had no results. i haven't used clearasil or neutrogena since my teenage days but i never had results with them either. i started using a product line called vivant about 3 weeks ago and i have had better results with these products than any other i have used. it's a bit pricey however it cost about $90-$100 for a kit which consists of 4 products. basically here is what i do morning and night which has really helped my skin:
*cleanse face with a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide wash
*swipe face with cotton ball soaked in glycolic acid toner-this removes any excess cleanser that may not have rinsed off and removes excess dead skin on surface
*ICE ENTIRE FACE FOR 3-5 MINUTES MORNING AND NIGHT-this helps so much with inflammation
*apply 10% benzoyl peroxide gel and leave on skin for 30 minutes- 1 hour then rinse off-if you leave the treatment gel on longer it will cause your skin to be dry and flaky and peel
*apply vitamin a treatment gel by vivant
*in the am apply sunscreen

it seems like a lot but it is well worth it and i couldn't be happier with my results, i'm confident that within another month or so i will be completely free from acne!

Old 07-24-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

The products that have worked for me you can only get from the derm. which are: differn, klaron, and doxycycline 100mg once a day. I also take Yasmin birth control and it helps alot too.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior77
I need help finding a acne product becuase there's so many and I don't know which one works or not. So please, If anyone here reading this has used any of these and worked for you please let me know. I'm looking for one that will clear my acne and all the redness in my face also known as rosacea. I'm looking at buy one of these that seemed good to me on tv:

Clearasil
Neutrogena
Proactive
Murad| Acne Complex

Please, if anyone has used any of these or know anything about them please let me know which one works best. Thanks.
hey

You said you have Rosacea, so I wouldn't recommend you use any of the products you have listed. You have to be careful with what you put on your face because of the Rosacea. The best thing for Rosacea is to be gentle while cleansing. Putting harsh chemicals on ones face is bad enough, but putting them on skin with Rosacea is torture.

I don't have Rosacea but I do have red sensitive cheeks. I use Murads redness relief cleanser and Eucerin redness therapy lotion (which works wonders for me!!). I only use these products on my cheeks. Some people use perscription meds for Rosacea (finacea, low dose Accutane). As for the acne, well i'm still trying to find my miracle that clears me (i dont have bad acne, just those little bumps).

Just don't put anything harsh on your Rosacea

Old 07-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Hey,there! I have Acne Rosacea. I go to my Derm. about every 4-6 months. I am using: Plexion Cream face wash, Finacea Gel, in the am. and Retin-a Micro at night time. These products have really cleared up my face tons! My face is not perfect. (I don't think it will ever be perfect!) I still break out a bit around that time of the month. But nothing like I used to! My forehead and cheeks used to have small tiny bumps underneath my skin. Now, most of that junk is gone and my face looks "normal". My face used to look red and sunburned all the time. It doesn't anymore! I recommend going to see a Derm. for your Rosacea. You need to be careful with your skin. Keep us posted and let us all know what helps you! Good Luck!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:41 AM   #8

gracestarfairy HB User
Talking Re: Which acne products worked for you?

NIORA is the only thing that has helped my face. Slowly but surely this has been like a miracle.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #9

heart4321 HB User

I use some Benzol Peroxide (preferably 5%) but not a lot since it dries your face out easily and Neutrogena Multivitamin Moisturizer works pretty well.

Phisoderm Self-Heating Daily Mask Scrub works well for me. It heats up on your face and opens up your poors while cleansing, exfoliating, etc. I've read reviews on other websites and everyone agreed that it worked very well.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:10 PM   #10

warriorsfan HB User

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Facial Lotion. It contains multi-vitamins and SPF 15 sunscreen, and there are 3 different kinds. The kind I use has glycolic acid in it, but one of the other kinds has retinol. I like it because it acts as a moisturizer and as a sunscreen, so it's good to put on in the mornings.

Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel is good too, but it takes time to see results.

I also use Clearasil Ultra 10% BP cream with glycolic acid. It's kinda harsh, but effective.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #11
(female)

victoria_smithe HB User

Proactiv's repairing lotion and Lipodec, they are all natural pills

Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #12
(female)

Jasmine07 HB User

proactiv has worked really well for me for the past 4 yrs. but i noticed i got the best results ONLY and ONLY when i used it as directed (the cleanser, toner and lotion). if you're only using one or two of those products and not all three (sometimes i'd skip one if i was lazy) the results won't be half as good.

Closed Thread