It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 04:16 PM   #1
(male)

NeO20 HB User
Lightbulb eXposed vs. Proactive

did a search on cleansers and came up with a new product called eXposed. I currently use proactiv but according to these web sites, eXposed is better than proactiv. Have any of you guys tried it, i was thinkn about ordering it after im done with my bottles.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
(female)

Miranda005 HB User
Re: eXposed vs. Proactive

hey

I have recieved exposed in the mail last week but i'm to scared to try it, i've been on proactiv solutions for the past 3 years and my acne started to come back the past 4 months, I think proactiv is keeping me from crossing over from mild acne to moderate. But i'm affraid that what if i start the exposed system and and it makes my face worse, I can't deal with that right now but yet i can't deal with the way my face looks everyday. I don't know what to do?

Should i take the plunge and just do it, any advice

Miranda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

runway_grl HB User

Are the active medical ingredients in the "exposed" product the same as proactive? and if so, are the percentages different?

if you have time, and can list them.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-02-2005 at 02:27 PM.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
(male)

supercelebs HB User

id stay away from benzoyl peroxide if i were you.. you may get results .. but once u stop using it ur going to breakout really bad.. and theres a lot of concern about it causing premature aging because it causes free radicals.. in other words putting bp on ur face is like going out in the sun for a while with no protection.. and free radicals are linked to skin cancer.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
(male)

NeO20 HB User

i should be done with proactiv in about a week, im going to give exposed a try ill keep you posted

Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User

yes please keep us posted.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
(female)

Miranda005 HB User

I to am going to start exposed because the benzyol peroxide is ruining my face, it makes it dry and scaley and no amount of moisturizer helps. (it feels like i'm wearing a mask all day)
Proactiv sucks!

Will let you know

Oh and also I made homemade topical Niacinamide, i got the recipe off the the internet. I'm going to try this out tonight to.

Miranda

Old 08-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
(female)

omalll HB User

it seems that the eXposed regime is the same as proactiv - theres a cleanser, a toner, then a lotion. except here they have different lotions for day and night. they also throw in a special washcloth.

active ingredients:

cleanser:
Alpha Hydroxy Acid
Beta Hydroxy Acid
Hyaluronic Acid
Olive Leaf Extract

toner:
Allantoin
Alpha Hydroxy Acid
Aloe Vera Extract
Helichrysum
Hyaluronic Acid
Olive Leaf Extract

daytime lotion:
Micronized Benzoyl Peroxide
Olive Leaf Extract

nighttime lotion:
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Beta Hydroxy Acid
Hyaluronic Acid
Rooibos Tea Extract
Seaweed Extract

moisturizer: (extra cost)
Allantoin
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Cyclomethicone
Helichrysum
Hyaluronic Acid
Matrixyl
Micronized Zinc Oxide

im going to stick with proactiv... ive had good results, in fact, nothing has ever worked better for me, then i got lazy and stopped using it and broke out. and have been miserable (especially with my new birth control pill) so i ordered proactive again last night (which is cheaper than eXposed).

Old 08-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
(female)

julze HB User

I really think that the way each product effects each person is different. In my experience, proactive didn't really do anything either way--dried my face out a little. I have been on eXposed for a little over a week and so far nothing...if anything I do not llike it...I am about to stop it because it is making my face dry, red, and irritated and I am still breaking out...almost seems more. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeO20
did a search on cleansers and came up with a new product called eXposed. I currently use proactiv but according to these web sites, eXposed is better than proactiv. Have any of you guys tried it, i was thinkn about ordering it after im done with my bottles.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #10
(female)

Erica in IL HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda005
I to am going to start exposed because the benzyol peroxide is ruining my face, it makes it dry and scaley and no amount of moisturizer helps. (it feels like i'm wearing a mask all day)
Proactiv sucks!
Are you sure it's the BP? I used Proactive and the toner made my face feel dry, scaly, and red. I felt like I had a chemical burn from it. The toner has salicylic acid, not BP. I figured out it's either the high amount of alcohol or the witch hazel that my face is sensitive to.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #11
(female)

Miranda005 HB User

Hey

Well after i use the cleanser and put the toner on IT STINGS, feels like you said a chemical burn, so i don't use lot of it. After it drys i put the lotion on(i don't put alot on and i don't put it all over my face because its way to irritating) and my face feels tight and dry and then i apply the proactiv moisturizer.
At night i wash, tone and put a little bp on and then i put the proactiv night cream on top of the bp.
So I don't know weither its the toner or the bp thats making my face SO DRY.

I want to try exposed because it seems that it would be a little less harsh on my face

Miranda

Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #12
(female)

omalll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda005
Hey

Well after i use the cleanser and put the toner on IT STINGS, feels like you said a chemical burn, so i don't use lot of it. After it drys i put the lotion on(i don't put alot on and i don't put it all over my face because its way to irritating) and my face feels tight and dry and then i apply the proactiv moisturizer.
At night i wash, tone and put a little bp on and then i put the proactiv night cream on top of the bp.
So I don't know weither its the toner or the bp thats making my face SO DRY.

I want to try exposed because it seems that it would be a little less harsh on my face

Miranda
you could just try using it at night, and use something gentle in the morning... or use a different moisturizer.. i didnt like the proactiv moisturizer, it wasnt enough for me. what is good is neutrogena's intense moisture, oil-free, spf 15. its in a little canister, not a tube or a pump. it worked wonders when my face was dry with proactiv.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalll
you could just try using it at night, and use something gentle in the morning... or use a different moisturizer.. i didnt like the proactiv moisturizer, it wasnt enough for me. what is good is neutrogena's intense moisture, oil-free, spf 15. its in a little canister, not a tube or a pump. it worked wonders when my face was dry with proactiv.

how long did it take you to clear originally with proactiv?

Old 08-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #14
(female)

omalll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimom
how long did it take you to clear originally with proactiv?
umm... im thinking 2 weeks until everything was healed (i get cystic acne). although i felt a difference from the first day. it felt like my skin was breathing, if that makes sense...
i stopped using it for a few months (couldnt afford it), and just this last month i broke out BAD (probably from my new birth control pill), so i scrounged up the old, almost-empty bottles i kept around, and have used them the last 2 days, and my face is almost clear!! i mean, i had this big cyst on my forehead with other small pimples around it, a few days ago. and now its almost gone. after the first day, the inflammation went down a LOT. now it can finally heal. so i bit the financial bullet and ordered more.
i mean, while i was first on it, id get one or two small pimples, but that is so much better than a face-full.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalll
umm... im thinking 2 weeks until everything was healed (i get cystic acne). although i felt a difference from the first day. it felt like my skin was breathing, if that makes sense...
i stopped using it for a few months (couldnt afford it), and just this last month i broke out BAD (probably from my new birth control pill), so i scrounged up the old, almost-empty bottles i kept around, and have used them the last 2 days, and my face is almost clear!! i mean, i had this big cyst on my forehead with other small pimples around it, a few days ago. and now its almost gone. after the first day, the inflammation went down a LOT. now it can finally heal. so i bit the financial bullet and ordered more.
i mean, while i was first on it, id get one or two small pimples, but that is so much better than a face-full.

I'm glad it works for you. My daughter is on her 3rd week and I noticed her forehead and chin were a bit broken out. She cleared up a lot her first two weeks it seems. Her skin changes from day to day so it's hard to tell. I would just like the pleasure of seeing her beautiful face zit free. Thanks for replying.

Closed Thread