It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
(male)

psuhighlife HB User
Post My Acne solution...long

Well let me just start by saying its nice to see all the support people have for each other on this site. Acne really sucks a lot and its hard to have. It really shouldnt be a big deal but i guess were all too self consious now adays...

I went to a dermatologist about two years ago for the first time. Right from the start he put me on DYNASIN (i think that's how you spell it.) 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night. DYNASIN is really expensive if you don't have insurace, so in that case it will be hard to get. I was also given a perscription for TAZORAC, which is a cream applied right before you go to bed. Lastly, i was give some generic brand of benzoyl peroxide (5%). I never really ended up using the benzoyl peroxide because 5% was too much for me. My face burned like crazy when i used it, i turned red, and it dried my skin up bad. However i did use the TAZORAC cream and DYNASIN tablets. The combination of these two really helped to clear up my skin. There was probably a little breakout at the beginning of the treatment, but after that things really did get better and i was happy with the results. While i was on these two treatments i really didn't do anything else to help me with my acne.
Unfortunatly after about a year and a half or so the medication stoped working as it should. I broke out really bad compared with what i had before. Probably the worst i ever had. I read up about it and found out that my body was probably immune to the drugs, which my mom agreed with me on. She's a nurse so i figured she was right. I went to my dermatologist and he agreed with me. At this point i stopped using the DYNASIN...This is where my second and current acne treatment starts. I feel like its going real so i wanted to share it with you guys to see if it could help you too.

At this point i was really pi%%ed off and self consious about my acne because like i said it was worse than it ever had been. I decided to change my lifestyle, including how i eat and drink, social life, etc...

Like i said i stopped taking DYNASIN, but continued to use the TAZORAC cream when i was going to bed. I ordered this acne treatment called EXPOSED which i read about from this site [url]http://www.acne-review.com/acne.html?sitrackingid=386449[/url] . It got really good reviews so i decided to try it. I have been on it for about 3 weeks now and im seeing a lot of results. In addition i was put on new drugs called AMPICILLIN. This drug is not made specifically for acne but it works by killing bacteria...for ear infections and such. As we all know acne is caused by bacteria in addition to other things, so does work for acne. AMPICILLIN is real cheap for me too through insurance...5 bucks for a months worth...i take 2 250mg pills in the morning and 2 250mg pills at night. Like i said my acne is really good right now after about 3 weeks only!!! Here is my list of things im doing on my new acne treatment plan...i figured i would write it in bullet form so its easier to read and understand. Like i changed my whole lifestyle for this.

Drugs/Creams:
*AMPICILLIN - 500mg in morning 500mg at night
*EXPOSED - Follow the directions (morning and night treatment)
*TAZORAC - I do this right when im going to bed (hour after exposed or so)

Other:
*Wash my face only twice a day (when im doig EXPOSED treatment)
*Eat very little sugar (As little as possible, some is necessary)
*Drink LOTS of water (For each bottle of water i squeeze a good amount of lemon juice into it...you can buy the already squuzed lemon juice...its much easier and about the same price...buy NOT from concentrate)
*Get a good nights rest...
*I love drinking, but avoid it...getting too drunk and missing your regular acne routine is a good way to get your acne back...and plus drinking on medication is never good
*Eat lots of fruits and especially vegetables
*Ice my face twice a day...right before the exposed treatment...by this i mean i take ice cubes...about three...and move them in small circles one at a time all over my face where there is acne or where i usually get acne...its not a good feeling but it only takes about 5 minutes. Be carful not to get your face too cold or you can get burns from the cold. I don't know if this works but some people say ice helps new acne from forming...so whatever.
*Don't Touch your face...its bad
*Change your pillow covers like once a week or every two weeks

I think thats it...i can't think of whatever else i do right now. I hope this helps your guys out. Good Luck. Stay positive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
(female)

Patriot89 HB User
Re: My Acne solution...long

I agree with your list below Other.

Another great way to help with Acne is EXERCISE! The sweating cleanses the pores and also you can lose weight.

As for the pillow sheets, 100 percent agreement there. Because we sweat, or other bacteria finds it's way onto our pillows, you really should change them as often as you feel comfortable changing them. I try to change mine twice a week if I get around to it, just because I hate thinking I'm only increasing more chances of acne just by stinkin pillow cases! It's cleaner, and healthier.

Lots of water is important, lemon-water is good, and so is green tea! (I add lemon to my green-tea suggested by Cassie, since I can't chug it any sort of tea down without gagging, sad huh..lol)

Anyhow, good luck to clearing up!!!! I hope things work well for you.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
(male)

psuhighlife HB User

Yes....exercise too

Old 08-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I'm glad to hear you found something that works for you! I have a regime that is working for me too.
Wash my face in the morn.
Apply Klaron topical
Apply Cetaphil moisturizer
Then at night I wash make-up off
Apply Differin
Apply Klaron again
Apply Cetaphil again
I also take 1 100mg Doxycycline a day and I take Yasmin birth control which I think controls my hormones which are a main problem in my breakouts. I workout 5 days a week too and it helps sooo much. My skin stays clear and fresh looking because I sweat all the bad stuff out. I do drink alcohol sometimes but I never skip my routine no matter if I am stumbling around trying to apply all my topicals! haha!

Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
(male)

ihatethis HB User

talking of regimes... mine is:

AM:
Body Shop for men crushed rice face scrub (vitamins A, B5 and E enriched)
Aqueous Cream (moisturiser)
Clindamycin Topical Solution

PM:
Clinique for men face wash
Aqueous Cream (moisturiser)
Echinacea Cream (if i have an old spot scars)
Clindamycin Topical Solution

I also take 100mg of Doxycycline a day and have been for over a month.

Last edited by ihatethis; 08-08-2005 at 09:48 AM.

Closed Thread