It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

mo523 HB User
Fruit of Earth Aloe Vera Gel Has Been Working For Me, Maybe You Should Try It TOO.

I wanted to post this, b/c I figured if this has been working for me, then it may work for others. I saw the posting about the aloe vera gel and I decided to try. Here is my regimen...

Every morning and night I wash with DDF Blemish foaming cleanser ( a medicated cleanser mixed with natural botanicals. This is not a strong medicated cleanser b/c it doesn't have a percentage value on the salyctic acid, but it one of the ingredients that are in there.

Every other morning, I use the DDF Acne Pucice Scrub. This has benzol peroxide in it.

After cleansing, twice a day I use DDF 10% glycolic toner.

Recently added to my regimen and had has made a complete difference is ALOE VERA GEL. I use this twice a day after cleansing. My brand of choice is Fruit of the Earth.

Now to be honest, I do not have extreme acne, but I am the person that breaks out after eating a candy bar, fried foods, etc. I am also the person that always gets whiteheads. The whiteheads usually pop and then leave terrible scars. I KNOW that it is the Aloe Vera gel b/c upon use in the first day I saw a difference. It's been about 2 weeks now and my scars have been fading. Also, and here is the key, to test it it, I decided to eat whatever I wanted. Now I know that this was pretty dangerous and a risk, but I had to see if the aloe vera was that strong. After a whole week of eating chocolate, ice cream, you name it, all of things that have broken me out before ( or so I thought) with the use of the aloe vera gel, I haven't been breaking out at all! I honestly can't even believe, b/c for one I had this in my house for months and never used, and for two that simply adding that to my regimen has made such a difference! Now, it could also be the combination of all the products that I am using. But as I stated before, I was using those products before and while for the most part they kept me clear, they didn't prevent whiteheads for me after heating terribly. So I know that it is the aloe vera.

Good Luck to all of You and Please Post Your Results

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

goldenseal HB User
Re: Fruit of Earth Aloe Vera Gel Has Been Working For Me, Maybe You Should Try It TOO.

wow that's amazing! i have a question though... do you apply it after your toner? and do you use a lotion?? my usual regimen is:

Morning- Wash face with cleansing lotion, then apply lotion
Night- Wash face with cleansing lotion, then apply toner

I don't have acne... but I do have white heads and black heads. I'm wondering when I should apply the toner?

Thankyou! And .. congratulations

Old 08-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
(male)

ksaguy HB User
Re: Fruit of Earth Aloe Vera Gel Has Been Working For Me, Maybe You Should Try It TOO.

true about Aloe gel... i am trying it too. my mother recommended it.
it helps reducing them but does not prevent them. you have to apply it daily forever for almost clear skin. if you leave it, pimples will come again.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
(female)

goldenseal HB User

does it help with white heads though?

Old 08-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
(female)

mo523 HB User

Well, for me golden seal it seems to be helping with whiteheads b/c that's all I ever really get. Once in a blue moon, will I get the big red bump! As far as when to apply, I have been putting it on after I tone. So I wash my face, then tone, then apply the aloe vera gel. I try to wait a few minutes after I apply my toner. I also use this twice a day. As I stated before, it may be the combination of the glycolic toner and aloe vera b/c glycolic acid is supposed to help with whiteheads as well. But, I haven't had any surface as of my use of the aloe vera gel. I noticed that something looked as though it was trying to surface, but I guess b/c of the aloe vera it didn't come to surface. My skin is completely smooth. I also began to use the aloe vera gel on my back which can also be problematic and I haven't had any bumps on my back since the use of it. I can't guarantee that it will work for you, but if you are prone to whiteheads like me you might want to try it out. I'm also thinking about getting some aloe vera juice to take internally, but it's just a thought, I haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps :-)

Old 08-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #6
(female)

goldenseal HB User

Thank youso much... I really am appreciative that you posted this... because I've been looking for an inexpensive, natural alternative to help me with my skin. I too have some back problems... I should test it out on my back before applying it to my face. Thanks again haha.. I'll buy it tomorrow, and let you know how it goes!

Old 08-16-2005, 08:12 AM   #7

satchel HB User

I posted about aloe vera being my miracle cure. I didn't post back because I was on vacation.

Aloe vera gel is awesome! I've been using it for a while now and my friends have told me how nice my skin looks. I also noticed the my pores seems tighter and I don't get oily. and best of all, my minor scars seem to be less noticable.

aloe vera is great and i don't know why i didn't use it before. but some people do get an initial break out from it. if you wait it out it will be worth it. unless you break out the same day u use aloe then u are most likely allergic.

i use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. i ordered fresh aloe but it stung when i put it on. so i'll stick with fruit of the earth.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

it is great...I love my Fruit of The Earth Aloe gel!!!! I use it regularly

Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM   #9
(female)

AznaOnEarth HB User

Where did you buy Fruit of The Earth Aloe gel? Dose the brand matter or could you use any aloe gel cause I been using the wallgreens brand for the past 3 days, I think it has been working, rednnes has gone down. I just want to know what will work best.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

I got mine at CVS..I bet Walgreens has it too

Old 08-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #11
(female)

mo523 HB User

I suppose that you could use any brand. But you can find Fruit of the Earth ANYWHERE. Walgreens, CVS, grocery store. I get mine from Walmart, b/c I am an el cheapo! Seriously though, I think that Walmart is the cheapest place you can find it.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #12
(male)

spud_09 HB User

ooooo please this is utter rubish. Aloe vera my ....... aloe vera is a natural remedy take from plants if anything it lowers ur colesterol. I have acne and tryed everything from spotcreams too the latest in spot treatment. I did go for an examination to see if my spots were bad enough for me to have the new surgery. It wasn't bad enough, anyway I went to my doctors and he put me on things calledErymax capsules they worked well. With a week my acne looked better especially on my back and chest. This is my second prescription that i am on and if you get the equal balance of having enough sunlight and air then the tablets work a treat. If anything go to your doctors and ask about. Erymax capsules or if not erymax liquid i think it is. It works brilliantly.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

How do you apply the aloe vera exactly? Do you apply it to your entire face or only on the acne-prone areas?

Old 08-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #14
(female)

goldenseal HB User

I just bought a bottle.. it's so cheap! I bought the gel (from a health food store)... and it only cost around 3 dollars. I'll use it tonight... on my back first. I'll let you all know how it went!

Old 08-16-2005, 10:48 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

a long time ago i posted my results with aloe vera. I'll try and bump the thread up. Congrats on your results

Closed Thread