It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

theillone HB User
How can I make my foundation not look so noticeable???

OKay!!!!! I have acne and am currently using Cover Cream by Posner's, at first I was using medium, then switched to Light because I'm light skinned. But even tho' you'd think light would work better for a light skin person, light foundation was actually more noticeable on my face. When I had medium on hardly no one noticed. So, I had on the light colored foundation, and I also used a finishing touch press powder to eliminate the shine. I went to the mall on a cool cloudy day, it was maybe 78 degrees with the wind lowing, and I was at a wedding and my cousin noticed the foundation, he said because of the shine, I was so embarrassed, but I used a powder to eliminate the shine, could it have been the lighting that made it shine more???, someone please help how can I keep my foundation from shining for at least 8 hours??? I'd appreciate any help thank u all!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

beachluver HB User
Re: How can I make my foundation not look so noticeable???

this is my method, and i highly reccomend you try it!!! you'll need a concealer brush, a large powder brush, concealer, and loose powder.
LOOSE POWDER IS MUCH BETTER THAN CREAM! CREAM MAKES YOU BREAK OUT BECAUSE IT FORMS BACTERIA AND CLOGS YOUR PORES! CREAM OR LIQUID FOUNDATION IS A BIG NO-NO!!!

first of all, use good brands like JANE IREDALE, BARE MINERALS, or SHEER COVER - they wont clog your pores and do not create bacteria the cheaper brands do, which causes more breakouts. use a concealer brush and concealer(combine the colors to match your skin tone) and PAT it on top of your pimples. then use a loose powder(like JANE IREDALE, etc.) with a large, loosely bristled powder brush(a good brush is the ULTA brand powder brush) and apply LIGHTLY to your face - dont use more than about 3/4 a teaspoon of powder, otherwise it will be too obvious that you have it on! so then if it looks like your pimples need additional coverage(after you have already put the loose powder on) use the concealer brush again, but with the loose powder. lightly pat onto the pimples needing extra coverage. finally, i prefer to go over your face with the large powder brush once more to blend it all in. the powder will help make your face look not as greasy and oily. if desired, use a spray to set the foundation(you can find it online) to give you a nice glow, that isnt oily.

you should definately check out the jane iredale website. i use it, and it is the only foundation i have EVER used!!!! its provides great coverage, its lightweight, and hardly noticeable. I LOVE IT!!!! PLEASE TRY IT!!!! let me know how this method works for you!

Last edited by beachluver; 08-15-2005 at 07:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 05:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

Yeah, I use brushes as well to put on concealer and powder. Actually, only powder. I use my finger to blend the concealer over my pimples. Then I put a little dab of powder of the areas. And then I use a large brush to put powder all over my face.

Using a brush for anything usually makes everything look alot more natural.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:52 AM   #4
(female)

Evey55 HB User

Both of the above methods are GREAT ! I think it's almost impossible for anyone's face to remain shine free for 8 hrs ! Especially in the summer or if you have oily skin. I keep an oil-free (Almay) translucent (no color) compact in my purse and go the bathroom...blot the oil and just lightly blot some powder on the shiny t-zone.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

I also use Jane Iredale and Bare Minerals both work very well although I do prefer Jane Iredale. Neither of these products have ever irritated my skin. They're so great. I'd highly recommend them. And if you apply them right they provide great coverage and they look so natural.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #6
(female)

beachluver HB User

yay im glad to hear that someone uses those products!!! to the above comment, using a finger to put on concealer doesnt work as good as a brush does, plus bacteria from your hand can get on your face and infect the pimple more. but if your hands are clean its ok

Old 08-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #7
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachluver
this is my method, and i highly reccomend you try it!!! you'll need a concealer brush, a large powder brush, concealer, and loose powder.
LOOSE POWDER IS MUCH BETTER THAN CREAM! CREAM MAKES YOU BREAK OUT BECAUSE IT FORMS BACTERIA AND CLOGS YOUR PORES! CREAM OR LIQUID FOUNDATION IS A BIG NO-NO!!!

first of all, use good brands like JANE IREDALE, BARE MINERALS, or SHEER COVER - they wont clog your pores and do not create bacteria the cheaper brands do, which causes more breakouts. use a concealer brush and concealer(combine the colors to match your skin tone) and PAT it on top of your pimples. then use a loose powder(like JANE IREDALE, etc.) with a large, loosely bristled powder brush(a good brush is the ULTA brand powder brush) and apply LIGHTLY to your face - dont use more than about 3/4 a teaspoon of powder, otherwise it will be too obvious that you have it on! so then if it looks like your pimples need additional coverage(after you have already put the loose powder on) use the concealer brush again, but with the loose powder. lightly pat onto the pimples needing extra coverage. finally, i prefer to go over your face with the large powder brush once more to blend it all in. the powder will help make your face look not as greasy and oily. if desired, use a spray to set the foundation(you can find it online) to give you a nice glow, that isnt oily.

you should definately check out the jane iredale website. i use it, and it is the only foundation i have EVER used!!!! its provides great coverage, its lightweight, and hardly noticeable. I LOVE IT!!!! PLEASE TRY IT!!!! let me know how this method works for you!

actually you are wrong the mineral foundations you just mentioned contain bismuth oxychloride, which irriates and clogs some types of skin, it also makes the foundation shinier, which is awful for people with large pores. I say go with aromaleigh minerals, they dont have this ingredient, and are less pricey.you need to take out a loan to buy jane iredale. they will also send you sample sizes at minimal cost so you can find the right color without having to buy a whole jar. their concealer is the best thing i have foound for covering redness, nothing else comes close. also when i fall asleep in the concealer or oil absorbing powders, my skin looks better the next day, my pores look smaller.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
(female)

beachluver HB User

well actually you are wrong!
number one: jane iredale is not that expensive, because it is only 30 dollars and it lasts you a very long time.
number two: jane iredale is made for sensitive skin! it wont irritate it! it even provides sunblock!
number three: the ingrediants are all natural and do not create "larger pores". it reduces the appearance of pores.
number four: the powder is mattifying, so it doesnt make you "shinier" no matter what makeup you use if you have oily skin, the oil will show. thats why you use a little something called "o-i-l b-l-o-t-t-i-n-g s-h-e-e-t-s" it wont remove the makeup and absorbs the oil.

maybe it made you feel smart to state those comments but i am sorry to tell you that you are wrong.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #9
(female)

Patriot89 HB User

Actually stasia is right with one thing. Bare Minerals does contain bismuth oxychloride which CAN irritate the skin and clog pores, it is possible. Aromaleigh is the mineral cosmetics that I have been looking into for a while because it DOESNT contain bismuth oxychloride and makes the face less shinier than bare minerals does.

beachluver I think you got a little too defensive with your comment, especially that last remark which I considered to be a little immature, inappropriate and rude. We are here to help each other not jump down one another's throats. One can be mistaken, it happens. Though, in this case, Stasia was correct about bismuth oxychloride and it's affects to SOME types of skin (note that she said SOME, not all).

:-)

Old 08-20-2005, 12:05 AM   #10
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachluver
well actually you are wrong!
number one: jane iredale is not that expensive, because it is only 30 dollars and it lasts you a very long time.
number two: jane iredale is made for sensitive skin! it wont irritate it! it even provides sunblock!
number three: the ingrediants are all natural and do not create "larger pores". it reduces the appearance of pores.
number four: the powder is mattifying, so it doesnt make you "shinier" no matter what makeup you use if you have oily skin, the oil will show. thats why you use a little something called "o-i-l b-l-o-t-t-i-n-g s-h-e-e-t-s" it wont remove the makeup and absorbs the oil.

maybe it made you feel smart to state those comments but i am sorry to tell you that you are wrong.
I was trying to help someone make an informed decision, relax. And maybe you dont have a large pore problem but I do and so do others, I have tried bare minerals and other minerals and some of them are shinier than others and it will make larger pores more noticeable. That being said, that doesnt mean my disappear with aromeleigh either, but its better than with the other minerals. ANd thirty dollars is alot of money for one jar of foundation, I dont know how much money you have to spend but its alot for me and alot of others. Aromaleigh is about half that price, I beleive even a bit less. And they do have the samples. They also make two different mineral foundations, glissade-for drier skins, and voile for regular oily.

Old 08-20-2005, 05:45 AM   #11
(female)

bahamagirl HB User

My pores are HUGE and jane iredale is the only makeup that doesnt actually go INTO the pores so u can see them....u know wat i mean? I hate that...it makes them actually more noticable. It makes my pores look invisible.

I have excema/oily-acne prone/very sensitive skin and this is GREAT for me. Its actaully improving the texture of my skin...even without makeup on!

If i use any foundation at all i break out..even the ones designed for sensitive skin...so now ive found jane iredale i cant say enough great things about it.

I have the oiliest skin ever.....and this is the only thing that actually stops that. Its brilliant

Other skin might react differently...all i know is that i cant use just any old makeup and this actually seems to calm my skin.

Its not even that expensive...the compact is $45 which yeah..seems expensive but it lasts FOREVER coz u only need a tiny bit and this is concealer/foundation/powder/spf 17 all in one. So when u add up what you would pay for that anyway then its actually a good price. I also buy the circle/delete concealer coz i have a couple of scars and it really does cover them without making u break out over them which has happened with cheap concealer/foundation.

Its worth a try....they give u free samples and theres lots of colours. I reccomend the 'caramel' for people with light/tanned skin.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:20 AM   #12
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

the foundation i use from aromaleigh can be used as concealer as well, its just not as think as the concealer so you have to apply more, but it works just as well. My skin also improved in texture and pore size. I think the only reason aromaleigh doens make my pores disappear completly is because my skin has fine lines from sun damage in the areas where my pores are largest. I say get samples of both and see which your skin likes better. i do know jane iredale has more shine than aromeleigh,and like I said , its alot more expensive. Aromeleigh also lasts forever. There are lots of colors from aromeleigh as well, in fact i have exactly matched my skin tone for the first time ever with foundation! minerals are great stuff.

Old 08-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #13
(female)

beachluver HB User

sorry stasia12 if i seemed bitchy to you... i was just trying to help someone and then i took it as if u acted like it was bad advice.. i was having a bad day anyway. sorry! forgive me, i was being a dumbass.
anyway it doesnt matter about the price, because the 30 dollars goes a loooooong way. its the best quality powder out there, so the price doesnt matter. it is better than bare escentuals, but if you must opt for a lower price, bare escentuals is ok not as good though...
i think everyone should try jane iredale at least once in their life, it is an amazing product. but just promise me that no one uses cheap cream or liquid foundations like covergirl, and so on and so on
it is like putting tar on your face!!! its bad!
anyway, does anybody else use jane iredale?

Old 08-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

I am really interested in trying this Jane Iredale makeup, but I am SOOO SKEPTICAL on how good the coverage really is??! I can't see how a powder can cover that well, I guess since I have been using liquid foundation all my life. I need to use a pretty good amount of liquid foundation, powder, then more foundation, then powder, so on and so on to completely cover some of my red marks. Can a mineral powder foundation really do the same thing and still look natural??? Seriously here...how great is the coverage at covering post acne marks and active red acne?

Old 08-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #15
(female)

beachluver HB User

the loose powder provides really good coverage w/only one layer. even better coverage when you put the concealer under it! just try it, and see for yourself how good it is. what do you have to lose??? you shouldnt be skeptical because i wouldnt lie about it. just give it a try! you can go to certain make up stores or salons and get a consultation to see which jane iredale products are best for you. just go on the website and look for the retailers by where you live.

Closed Thread