It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
(female)

danadaze HB User
Is Metrogel for Acne ?

[SIZE=5]
My Doc prescribed Metrogel for me for my acne on my back and face. Not sever but mild. Ive looked it up and its for Rosacea which I don't have. Is it appropriate for Acne? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
(female)

Bilabng531 HB User
Re: Is Metrogel for Acne ?

I just recently went to the dermatologist and was also prescribed MetroGel for my acne. Wierd, cause MetroGel is for Rosacea. Let me know if yours is working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

danadaze HB User

haven't filled the Rx yet. It costs 50.00 ! Im trying Acne Free in the time being for 20.00

Old 08-23-2005, 11:42 AM   #4
(male)

Jas0n HB User

most doctors dont know what the hell there doing. metrogel dos'nt even work for rosacea.

Old 08-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
(female)

danadaze HB User

so why do they give it for acne? Im hard pressed to pay 50.00 for something that ain't gonna work.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #6
(male)

Jas0n HB User

10% of the people who use metrogel get worst symtoms. it says that right on there website.
Ok, now think about it a lil more. What about the other 90%? What percentage of that 90% are responders and non responders? Its all about the money. Have you seen the movie John Q I believe its called. Based on true story a little boy had a heart prob and the insurence company prety much paid the doctors to keep there mouth shut. What you can do is lie to them since there lieing to you. Lie to get the prescription medication YOU think is gonna work. 4-5 years ago my doc gave me metrogel 3 month check up no improvement he give me metrogel again after i told him it did'nt work.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
(female)

danadaze HB User

yes very true. Im not going to fill the prescription. I can't get my money back if it don't work. Everything is a scam.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #8
(male)

David M HB User

Alot of meds given by derms have multi uses, so dont be discouraged. Take Tazorac for example which is intended for other skin disorders primarily, and it works Wonders on ACNE.... What I seriously think is that we tend to get a little impatient if we try using something a few times and dont get the results we are looking for right off the bat... Is this a reason to stop using them? NO.. Should it be a reason to stop using them? NO..... You have to stick with what the derm tells you for the duration, only if you seem to only be improving slightly. All of this takes time..... It takes several weeks to develop a pimple (pimples). It will take that amount of time to see them clear up too. There are so many good products out there today and so many choices, sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right combinations of them that work best for the individual. Not to side with Doctors or anything, but dont forget it takes many years of studying specialty medicine. Most doctors out there do know what they are doing, its just that nothing is totally guaranteed to work, without trial and error.... If any are in doubt, visit Chicago Illinois sometime... I have the BEST derm in the world. He is one of the top 5 in the country... Everything he has ever told me or, treated me with has worked for me. Patience is the key to results... GOOD LUCK

Old 08-25-2005, 07:06 PM   #9
(female)

Bilabng531 HB User

I called the Dr. today to find out why I was prescribed metrogel for my acne. He said the metrogel will take away any redness in my face and it also has a pimple medicine in it that will help rid me of my pimples. This was good to hear. I have only been on the metrogel for 2 days and allready can notice a difference. I am also on doryx which I take once a day.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
(female)

danadaze HB User

id like to try it but its a fortune.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
(female)

Bilabng531 HB User

Do you have insurance? If so, look into mailing away for your prescriptions. That is what I do and my perscriptions are only $2.00 each. Thank goodness for my parents insurance. I don't know what I'll do when I graduate this year and the insurance company drops me.

Closed Thread