It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 02:10 AM   #1
(male)

lost1505 HB User
Unhappy acne is destroying my life

I'm an entertianer i model and my career is on hold everything is on hold now why? cause my acne has progressed it used to be a small probelm now its gotten worse. I'm at the end of my rope because acne has ruined my face i used to look so attratcive now i wear hats and glasses all day. I feel so ugly and no one understands i don't know why peopel don't get it, nothin out hear works and no one will help me nothin works i tried proactive everythign i'm on md forte now maybe that will work for me its a lousy cleanser, a good benzoy-peroxide for spot treatment for the dark spots i'm on to Tri-luma i recently got with this expensive dermatologist and the stuff has hleped alil but i feel like the damage is done i'll never be the same again i feel and i feel like people lie, proactive is ineffective its garbage it has no power it just does nothin g i might as well put cooking grease on my face that would have a better effect than pro%&^%& i am so angry andupset and i have college in a few days and dark spots all over what do i do now. i guess my life is over i do
nt see this **** ever going away . ***.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:38 AM   #2
(male)

Poltik HB User
Re: acne is destroying my life

Hang in there! Don't worry you are not alone in this! As you can see, this forum is a great place for comforting. There are thousands of people out there who are facing the same problems as yourself, and yes it is hard, very hard to deal with. I myself am facing problems with my skin. Its not very severe but its enough to drive me up the wall. Acne likes to play mind games and its hard to fight the problem especially when you've tried so many different products and techniques to conquer the problem. I'm sorry that proactive is not working for you however you just have to understand that some products don't work the same for everybody. In my case, I've basically given up on using anything. In all honestly, I think my condition got worst everytime I tried something, so I've basically left nature to take its cause. I'm a strong believer that it will get better eventually for me.

I know what you mean when you say "the damage has been done already". I look at my face everyday and sometimes think: "If only I had taken better care of it in past" but realise the past is the past and one thing you cannot do is turn back time, but at the same time its never too late.

Acne is not only a physical problem but also a psychological problem. I think my only advice to you, is to work on your mind. I find it really hard to accept myself as a person (physically) and believe quite strongly that its my mentality thats the main problem. It all comes downs to mind over matter. I guess you can't expect yourself to accept everything overnight, but in time I'm sure things will come right. I'm sure others on here will have some more good advice to give to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 07:27 AM   #3
(female)

amo HB User

This forum provided me with the information I needed to begin to heal my acne.
Just read thru threads, look for ideas, and post for support. Everyone here is really supportive, and there are years of acne experience on here!!! You can also run searches at the bottom of this board and look at older threads. There are a lot of great ideas in here, but we post so much, things get pushed way back.

Just some thoughts on what has worked for me, if you're interested:

Lemon water
using NO benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid
Vitamins (B complex, high B-6 dose)
Epidermx microdermabrasion cream (there are threads about this product)
Camellia oil (and this one)
Capsiderm (and this one)

Also, remember that acne and stress are directly related. Lots of people who have mild acne find that it gets worse right before they leave for college. Or after a summer off....stress, and/or anxiety
Try and be kind to yourself, give your skin time.
Good Luck!

Old 08-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #4
(female)

~charlotte08~ HB User

I would be a real model now if it wasn't for my face. I am also an entertainer and I am in a school that will help my dreams of becoming famous come true. If it wasn't for my face, I'd be even more outgoing and less shy. Hang in there. Hopefully, everything will be ok. Don't lose hope. You'll have a clear face again.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

this is hard, but im going to be straight up with you man, no bullsh.t

acne is almost invincible in some cases....if you havent been on accutane GET ON IT IMMEDIATELY. forget the creams and all that silly garbage.

but like i said, acne is very tough and damn near invincible. so not even accutane is guaranteed to work

so, even though i hate to say this, you may have to find a way to live with it...until you find something, anything that may work. i am out of college now and i have absolutely positively nothing to show for..no girlfriend no nothing. all because i was too embarrased of my skin.

it was tough, and to be honest i dont know if i could follow my own advice, but this acne **** is invincible man im telling you its like if you were meant to have it your meant to have it. so might as well learn to live with it.

Last edited by CursedSkin; 08-25-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

Yeah, people come to me and say I should be a model as well but I know in that type of industry you really need to have great skin. Now I don't have terrible acne, it's pretty much going away now that I started Retin-A and Duac Gel, but the marks are still there and I'm still very self conscious about it.

I don't know what to say. Just try to keep seeing different dermatologists and maybe one will work out.

Closed Thread