It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

beachlover1133 HB User
Jessica Simpson on Accutane

Hi guys,

I was just watching a show on E! called Celeb Beauty Secrets and they were asking Jessica and Nick what they do for their skin...and Jessica said, "My dermatologist put me on accutane and I haven't had a breakout since".
So that kinda blows her credibility for Pro-Activ....

Just thought it was interesting!

Old 08-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
(male)

bomber HB User
Re: Jessica Simpson on Accutane

Ahahahaha. Pro-active commercials are obviously fake, even though it does work for some people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
(female)

Evey55 HB User

I just saw the same show on E !!!! I did see a picture of her once in her dressing room and on the vanity table was some kind of Pro-Active lotion.
Maybe she uses some Pro-Active stuff for maintenance?????

Who knows?

Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 AM   #4
(female)

portrgirl HB User

She was quoted in a magazine (before she began her ProActive campaign) as saying that Accutane worked wonders for her skin.

Alicia Keys has bad acne, and supposedly uses ProActive to clear it up.

I do know that my aunt and cousin had severe cystic acne / hormonal acne and ProActive is the only thing that's worked for them. They both have great skin now.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
(male)

omega47 HB User

lmao....figures

Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover1133
Hi guys,

I was just watching a show on E! called Celeb Beauty Secrets and they were asking Jessica and Nick what they do for their skin...and Jessica said, "My dermatologist put me on accutane and I haven't had a breakout since".
So that kinda blows her credibility for Pro-Activ....

Just thought it was interesting!
I know I just saw that also. I was so....I used ProActive too with no success. But wow, glad to see that the stars have used it - the accutane. I mean if they trust it and recommend it with their skin.......as their skin is important to them in the spotlight, then hey maybe it's not so bad. They do say after being treated with accutane, to follow your regular maintanance as if you still had acne, like wash with mild cleanser twice a day and you can use topicals to keep things under control........as I've read anyways. So maybe she uses it as a keep it under control thing.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

I read on this board once where someone said that accutane and proactive were the one two punch for acne. I think both products are worth a try. Neither should be dismissed. If they work - wonderful. If not, it's on to the next thing. These are the only two products I've ever heard of that seem to offer long-term solutions. Proactive has been around for a long time now and if it was a total farce, they would have gone out of business by now.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Two friends of my mom told her that both of their kids (one had a son, another had a daughter) both went on Accutane and it cleared them up for a while and then things started coming back (very mild though). Both tried Proactive again (which hadn't worked for either BEFORE Accutane) and it cleared them right up when used AFTER a course of Accutane. So who knows. It didn't work for me, and that's annoying, but I do know that it works for some people. Hit and miss I guess!

Closed Thread