It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

Angelbaby03 HB User
Skin/Scab question. Please try and help, i would appreciate it

I have 3 scabs on my face from popping zits that should not have been popped. The scabs are like hard skin and they are more a dark red. My question is, how long will it take for these scabs to loosen up on their own?? right now they feel really tight, and there isnt even a place where the skin loosens for me to pull them off if i wanted too. is this a sign that they are healing the right way?? Please help. Also, I have a spot similar, but the only progress its made is to form a hard layer over top the spot. I have been putting neosporin over it. Is this the right thing to do? This one is like bright red and it has a white center. Is this white center new skin?? please write back with some answers if you can. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: Skin/Scab question. Please try and help, i would appreciate it

The scabs will loosen up in a couple of days. Don't touch them. You can apply neosporin so that they may come off faster. You're doing the right thing applying neosporin over the other spot. I think the white center is pus. Again don't pick on it until it goes down with the neosporin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
(female)

Angelbaby03 HB User

thanks waterlily, appreciate your time

Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
(female)

jazmella HB User

DON'T PICK THEM! You will regret it later! Let them fall off naturally.

I had the exact same problem. Big scab near my eyebrow...Took about a week to fall off naturally. But trust me, bear out the scabs. If you pick them too soon you risk leaving behind a horrible scar. When my scab fell off, it did leave a mark, but it was light pink...And now, almost 4 months later, you can barely see anything at all.

Bear it out! It's a lot better than living the rest of your life with something that won't fade! At least this most likely will if you don't pick at it too soon.

Good luck!

Old 08-26-2005, 04:55 AM   #5
(female)

spotty99 HB User

Yep - DON'T PICK ON THEM like jazmella said. I DID after getting gycolic peel and I ended up with MORE INDENTS than before. BIG MISTAKE!

Closed Thread